The Point

mondone

Whitecaps
Has anyone been here lately? I went several years ago and was not impressed. Never went back. Just wondering if it got better in recent times.

mis2810

I was there for the very first time in June. Had always heard good things about it, but figured it was just a touristy place to go. My husband wanted to go there for his birthday - we also went back on 4th of July to watch the fireworks from the patio. On a scale of 1 to 5:

Food: 3.5
Service: 4.0
View: 5.0

My husband like it more than I did, though. I'm really looking forward to trying Pane e Vino.

Went there Memorial day weekend this year, patio was packed. Huge groups of locals, 5-8 tables inside were seated. Service was ok, food was ok to good. It was pretty warm inside but they had Pacifico it wasn't as cold as we like it. We will give it a try again just for the view and Pacifico but will also try out some of the places mentioned in this forum.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
The Point is no longer it, now it is Cava de Penasco "The Point" or Cava The Point, am not sure heard both, Cava was located in the same building of The Lighthouse and now it in the malecon, great ambience full with local talent, music, poetry and fun!!! lots of locals frequent it and now possibly even more tourist will enjoy it too, Jesse is great as a host and as a talented musician!!