The way it used to be and the way it should be

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Here is a photo from the 70's or so of a volleyball tournament one side is Sonora and one Side is Arizona. Regional neighbors having fun, the way it should be - I long for those days! or should I say I ~~~~~~LONG~~~~~for ~~~~~those ~~~~~days!~~~~~~:-D:aagh:foto Naco..jpg

Thanks Fausto for the pic!

Last edited:
Nice pic. Unfortunately, Arizona has officially taken over as the new standard bearer for the Old Confederacy and Sonora is devolving into Columbia circa 1985.

jerry

In 1974 we had the old vw van down in San Carlos(catch-22 beach).Our weed smoking was interrupted by police that snuck up on us....oh shit...chatter chatter chatter go the teeth...instant need to go to the bathroom....he asks us if we play tennis.Sure we say (we all were good..no jobs..courts near our flop house ) so he pushes into the back of a pickup truck and delivers us to the San Carlos Country club tennis/golf pro shop. it turns out the american team of a US/Mexico friendship match didn't show up so we were drafted (only one i didn't dodge) to play Juaquin Lola mayo (huge mexican tennis Star in the day) in a one one three match.......They dressed us in new duds and Wilson T-1000 rackets (had to give back..damn).he just kicked our ass with back spin/slices/100 mph serves in front of 200 screaming mexicans.....After it was over the Lawman told us we were not going to be arrested because that beating was enough for any man to take let alone a hippie!

In 1974 we had the old vw van down in San Carlos(catch-22 beach).Our weed smoking was interrupted by police that snuck up on us....oh shit...chatter chatter chatter go the teeth...instant need to go to the bathroom....he asks us if we play tennis.Sure we say (we all were good..no jobs..courts near our flop house ) so he pushes into the back of a pickup truck and delivers us to the San Carlos Country club tennis/golf pro shop. it turns out the american team of a US/Mexico friendship match didn't show up so we were drafted (only one i didn't dodge) to play Juaquin Lola mayo (huge mexican tennis Star in the day) in a one one three match.......They dressed us in new duds and Wilson T-1000 rackets (had to give back..damn).he just kicked our ass with back spin/slices/100 mph serves in front of 200 screaming mexicans.....After it was over the Lawman told us we were not going to be arrested because that beating was enough for any man to take let alone a hippie!
Such a cool story! Thanks for sharing it, Jerry.

jerry

wait, wait! I want to thank Jerry too, for the nice juicer!! :eek3:
ink I'll track you down!!!!! I want you to try this new recyled concrete mix i'm peddling.Drop by the shop and I'' give you some...in town today tomorrow and Thursday

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Jerry, I should be in back in town around one for a couple of hours or Thursday afternoon, at what tiime are you leaving town on Thursday?
we'll hook, I'll see you one of this days, I'll let you know how it works!! :eek3: