They are watching us even more than I thought

Terry C

Today heading South bound just out of Why headed to the border we were pulled over by an unmarked Border Patrol Truck. He came up to the door and said you just left Lukeville about an hour ago. I said no sir, we left Goodyear 2 hours ago. He said we have a report of your lic plate that you did. I said, no. He went back to his truck and they talked on the phone for a bit and came back to the window and looked around and asked again. I handed him a Jack in the box ticket for a breakfast sammich I bought. The time was 10:45 on it. He said hold on. Back to the truck, the other guy was still on the phone. 5 minutes went by and he came back and said have a safe trip...Crazy

That's odd. An hour from Lukeville is nearly halfway between Ajo and Gila Bend.
I wonder what they were looking for? Like you stopped somewhere between Lukeville and Why to pickup some hitch-hikers?

Terry C

I bet they thought we were making a round trip that we dropped off drugs or something and was returning. That's all I can think of.

Roberto

That's insane. Completely out of control. I drove up and back yesterday without incident but was dismayed to see that the majority of the traffic on the highway to Tucson was law enforcement vehicles. Lots of excessive speed too. Must have been 8 guys standing around at the stop with the big tent across the road. I asked them what's up and they just stared at me.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I know the oldsters on here will remember this story but there are enough new ones on here now to hear this. After the Americans put up all the cameras and technology to inspect the vehicles before you even get to the booth, I rolled up and got all my pictures took. I got to the booth and was rolling my window down to talk to the agent. I didn't even have it all the way down and the agent said, "Good afternoon, Miss Ainsworth, how was your trip down this time?" I nearly swallowed my teeth......Then, a few months later, I took my mom down with me. She hadn't been in years. I rolled up to the booth and the agent said, " Good afternoon, Miss Ainsworth. And who do we have with us this time?" I told him. Kinda unnerving.....My 85 year old mother is in their computer....With me and Jerry....And all we do is rest, lay on the beach, eat and do our charity work..... Argh.

playaperro

El Pirata
I was told by the B/P that they have licence plate readers and Sheriff's in the truck to hand out tickets to speeders.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Today heading South bound just out of Why headed to the border we were pulled over by an unmarked Border Patrol Truck. He came up to the door and said you just left Lukeville about an hour ago. I said no sir, we left Goodyear 2 hours ago. He said we have a report of your lic plate that you did. I said, no. He went back to his truck and they talked on the phone for a bit and came back to the window and looked around and asked again. I handed him a Jack in the box ticket for a breakfast sammich I bought. The time was 10:45 on it. He said hold on. Back to the truck, the other guy was still on the phone. 5 minutes went by and he came back and said have a safe trip...Crazy
I dont get this, he said we have a report of your license plate so its not like a case of mistaken identity, like you have a similar vehicle to the one they're looking for. Why would they lie for no reason? Just so weird, whats the point of pulling you over for no reason and then saying we have your license plate at the border an hour ago when it was impossible that it was you? What if you wouldn't have had the jack in crack receipt? Are you getting detained? lol Sorry this happened to you. Good luck!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
This is unfortunate that this stuff has to happen from the BP of all people. This is the kind of stuff that fuels Rick D'amico, almost gives Rick some semi credibility when he slants travel to Rocky Point...

Terry C

Joe, I asked him how this could happen, he had no clue. I asked him if it could be a computer glitch and his reply was it's not my system.....

Landshark

We have had similar experiences with BP over the years, especially when we used to travel through the reservation between Casa Grande & Why. A big red flag is if you pull over and stop to take a pee or something. Somehow they see that kind of stuff and pull you over to check you out. They shake the tree pretty hard to see if something falls out. I guess they are just doing their job but it usually comes pretty close to harassment.

dmcauley

Never had any problems like this in 30 years of going to RP but I don,t take crap from them either. I tell the truth and thats it. There is one agent who likes to ask how much money I'm carrying and I always say nothing over the declarable amount. He asked once too many times and I told him it was none of his damn buisness how much under 10,000 dollars I had and asked him if he had cohorts on the other side waiting to rob me. Don't laugh, how do you folks thing the majority of sh-t gets thru

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
This guy was a big dog at Lukeville POE very well known in Penasco as well as Sonoyta for the bright yellow Corvette he drove..........no theres no corruption NOB Tobias

Never had any problems like this in 30 years of going to RP but I don,t take crap from them either. I tell the truth and thats it. There is one agent who likes to ask how much money I'm carrying and I always say nothing over the declarable amount. He asked once too many times and I told him it was none of his damn buisness how much under 10,000 dollars I had and asked him if he had cohorts on the other side waiting to rob me. Don't laugh, how do you folks thing the majority of sh-t gets thru
I am told that the graft is terrible at the border and a few hundred dollar bills gets you into the country if you are an illegal or if you are carrying something illegal. What I just wrote is unsubstantiated by me but I have heard it many times. Even more gossip: I met a guy in a bar and he told me his illegal workers were deported on a Monday and back to work on Friday via the payoff system.

jerry

The border is shut pretty tight.Altar to Sasabe used to have van after van making the run to staging areas....now down to a trickle
By my ranch I used to see 100 footprints a night in the wash....now...6 a week and those are from the same skilled weed smuggling crew. bP has this thing pretty shut down but no one wants to say it because they do not want the money to stop flowing.