They are watching us even more than I thought

Roberto

The border is shut pretty tight.Altar to Sasabe used to have van after van making the run to staging areas....now down to a trickle
By my ranch I used to see 100 footprints a night in the wash....now...6 a week and those are from the same skilled weed smuggling crew. bP has this thing pretty shut down but no one wants to say it because they do not want the money to stop flowing.

I have come to believe that, if you mean THEY, local, regional and Federal law enforcement, you are correct. Reporting hysterical crime episodes warrants larger budgets for more and fancier equipment. I think it's a joint, but unscripted and uncoordinated, effort of the enforcement folk and the newsies both of whom seem to benefit from crime reports.

I don't know about the graft on the US side, but a guy in a bar told me the moon was made of green cheese and he swore to it. Someone told his best friend so they know it's true.

rplarry

Today heading South bound just out of Why headed to the border we were pulled over by an unmarked Border Patrol Truck. He came up to the door and said you just left Lukeville about an hour ago. I said no sir, we left Goodyear 2 hours ago. He said we have a report of your lic plate that you did. I said, no. He went back to his truck and they talked on the phone for a bit and came back to the window and looked around and asked again. I handed him a Jack in the box ticket for a breakfast sammich I bought. The time was 10:45 on it. He said hold on. Back to the truck, the other guy was still on the phone. 5 minutes went by and he came back and said have a safe trip...Crazy
Wait until this possibly gets implemented in the new immigration bill:

U.S. Weighs Border Crossing Fees Amid Strong Opposition | Fox News Latino

It didnt pass, strong opposition from usa senators along canada border that didnt want to loose all the $$$ that comes in from canadian cross border shoppers. Would of been a nightmare at crossings having border guards collecting $$$ as well. it is already collected when you fly or cruise.