This Morning on the Malecon 10/17/2011

Roberto

What an incredibly beautiful day today. Went to the Malecon about 9AM, parked the truck and then parked myself on a bench near the sea wall. I have never seen the water as flat and calm as it was this morning. There were some small breezes playing across the sea creating the little wind ripples but that was it. The wakes of passing pangas came to shore is a secession of little waves cascading down the beach. Pelicans were flying so low that the downdraft of their wings created circular ripples on the glass flat water. There were constant random swirls on the surface and occasional small fish jumping, suggesting to me some larger fish were feeding close in. Ahhh, Penasco in October, maybe the best month of the year.:mexico::mexico::mexico:

Ah! Timing is everything, I left a week too early. Envy and more Envy.
We went down on the 8th and came back last Friday, During my trip, the only time I saw water almost that calm was at 4AM Wednesday only to be ruined by 6-8 Pangas in formation
coming from the SE past Pelican Pt.
Humm, I wonder what they caught.

mondone

Whitecaps
Wednesday thru Monday it was as flat as glass!
We were down the 8th and returned yesterday. The seas were calm with a gentle breeze blowing in Encanto every single day. My weather station never recorded wind speed higher that an occasional "gust" about 9 MPH. Never seen that many October days in a row like that!

Speaking of the Malecon, how is the construction/paving coming along? Were the detours running smoothly even with all the visitors? Businesses are still doing better than in 2010?

mondone

Whitecaps
Detours were not too bad. Still a ways to go on the work to be done. We went to Mary's on Friday and the businesses on Malecon were as busy as I have seen in a while. On Wednesday, we went to Ramon's in town and they were very busy.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
So sad my trip down there this weekend fell through because of a friend's sickness. Still more October to have!
James, I am having a WEEKEND SPECIAL $75 round trip per person Friday Oct 21 thru Sunday Oct 23!! if interested call me at 520-207-0532

James, I am having a WEEKEND SPECIAL $75 round trip per person Friday Oct 21 thru Sunday Oct 23!! if interested call me at 520-207-0532
Damn! That's cheap, even beats a rental car! If it was only leaving later on Friday, or Saturday early, and coming back Monday. I normally have Sun/Mon off, and can swing Saturdays, but never Fridays until after 7pm.