THOUGHTS on WiFi? One company better than the other?

Terry C

mr. phx, check my web site listed below and go down to the Internet links. There are two and they have prices listed. Do you get the Newsletters I send out? You are new to Playa Encanto?

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
checked out 1st company, $375 for equipment/install, $45 per month. Now to quote with second company...

Are you able to get phone service from Telmex out there? How about mobile phone service---->Telcel? A broadband USB adapter might be worth looking into....

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
We are buying the data plan and it still kills. One MB of data is retail $10 per. The packaging is not worth crap cappy. We also have to pay additional to make and recieve txt and phone calls. Going to bring down an old phone to break/prepay to use down there. It could open up a whole new world!

Yeah...I have a couple of older AT&T/T-Mobile phones I got unlocked...and use them for Telcel Amigo plan, but don't use them for data. From what I saw for rates for those 2 companies mentioned earlier, it's got to be competitive to get a data plan with Telcel.

AT&T has a Mexico plan now where you don't get roaming charges in Mexico...you share minutes and txts with your US useage. Haven't looked closely enough at it for data purposes.

Has Telmex put phone lines out to Encanto?

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
good point and good idea. We don't have an older smart phone to convert (just yet), just a dialer and old fashioned texting. I'll bust in on AssT&T about the share plan. On the way down last week, they were hot on the data plan, but that gives me good ammo... Thanks for sharing

Yeah...I have a couple of older AT&T/T-Mobile phones I got unlocked...and use them for Telcel Amigo plan, but don't use them for data. From what I saw for rates for those 2 companies mentioned earlier, it's got to be competitive to get a data plan with Telcel.

AT&T has a Mexico plan now where you don't get roaming charges in Mexico...you share minutes and txts with your US useage. Haven't looked closely enough at it for data purposes.

Has Telmex put phone lines out to Encanto?

mondone

Whitecaps
My T-Mobile roaming for calls is $1.49 minute. Needless to say, I don't call much, but texting is reasonable and that's what I usually do to keep in touch with my son back in AZ.

Here's the link to AT&T's Viva Mexico Plan.....haven't completely deciphered it.....

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/viva-mexico.jsp

I think my AT&T calls from Penasco are somewhere around 59 cents a minute...but I have the $4.99 Mexico roaming add-on. I think it's a bit cheaper when I use the Telcel Amigo Plan calling back to the states. And it only costs me 1 peso a minute calling a Mexican number within Penasco.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Okay, gots to get this done! Weigh in if you are knowledgeable concerning wifi in Playa Encanto. Ease of install, cost and one better than other?
Thanks in advance...
Not wifi but it is fast TELCEL INTERNET AMIGO Plans from as little as 15 pesos a day to 499 pesos for 30 days and everything in between And it works everywhere. If your not here in RP you dont pay anything. You can just pay for the time you need. I said it worked everywhere, but in San Felipe last week it was very slow. I havent had any issues though in RP. Also you can recharge them on the internet, selected banks and stores, I recharge mine at the Santa Fe Pharmacy on Benito Juarez.

Last edited:
AT & T Viva Mexico, I used it last year, After 2 months of wonderful telephone service, I get message my plan was being cancelled because I used too many non AT & T towers. so you may want to check this out. I am back to international with Mexico and its $ .50 a minute for in and out going calls. and no text. In other words when in PP you are using non AT&T towers..

You may want to check this out and ask plenty of questions..

mondone

Whitecaps
AT & T Viva Mexico, I used it last year, After 2 months of wonderful telephone service, I get message my plan was being cancelled because I used too many non AT & T towers. so you may want to check this out. I am back to international with Mexico and its $ .50 a minute for in and out going calls. and no text. In other words when in PP you are using non AT&T towers..

You may want to check this out and ask plenty of questions..
I am hoping this is for real when it becomes available to me!
http://www.polarwireless.com/NorthAmerica/index.aspx