Three fishing boats full of people??

Sitting here watching three large fishing boats passing by PDO on their way into the harbor and they are full of people. I am talking standing room only on all three.....anyone have any idea as to what this is all about????

Just saw another one......where are they coming from and what are they going to do once here??? Not that's it's any of my business, mind you, but it just piqued my curiosity, LOL!!

Roberto

The fiesta De Marina is an annual local event. They kick off with a cruise on working shrimp boats, loaded with the celebrants. Think it's to be held down next to the Del Sol hotel in the big lot at the end of Calle 13. Food booths, music, kiddy rides , Miss Marina 2011 contest and more. Lots of fun.

I've seen the signs for the Fiesta de Marina around town, but for some reason I thought it didn't kick off until next weekend......don't know where that came from, LOL!!! Anyway, looks like they'll have a good turn out!!! (Btw, it wasn't the marines.......these were big fishing/shrimping boats and, as I said, they were loaded with people.....................)

Fiesta de Marina used all sorts of boats, judging from the pics of the event, but I'm wondering if that also had something to do with the search party for those lost fishermen.

I finally got the jist of it........the people on the boats were locals and the boats were just doing a "cruise" around the area, just part of the celebration. Duh!!!