Tidepools

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Oh, I just love going out at night with a flashlight looking in the tidepools. I cannot wait until this weekend. I haven't been since Thanksgiving and I am havin' a major Jones! It has been a rough winter and spring for me.........I need some beachtime......

Chari,
What the heck were you doing up so early (or so late!)? I've never tidepooled at night.....................I'll have to give a try this weekend!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I have friggin' insomnia. I tell ya, gettin' old ain't for sissies. I put the time to good use, tho. I packed my suitcase!!!!!!!! :) Bring a flashlight altho I don't know what time low tide will be until I get there and check the tide calendar.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I just googled the tide calendar and low tide starts at 8:42 P.M. on Friday night, 9 something on Sat., etc. It's 25 minutes later each night. We'll find one night to go tidepooling this weekend!

Nice Joe, do you ever (I'm sure you have), go out there a night with a flashlight? I love checking out them out then.
John Steinbeck wrote in The Log from the Sea of Cortez, "It is advisable to look from the tide pool to the stars and then back to the tide pool again."[1]
Not in a long time....when my kids were very young...we'd be doing it in the evening until it was dark....

The tide was already coming in when I took the shots....definitely would have been better on a new or full moon tide. Should be great when those of you coming down next weekend go exploring.

Last edited:

Kenny

You girls will be...

I just googled the tide calendar and low tide starts at 8:42 P.M. on Friday night, 9 something on Sat., etc. It's 25 minutes later each night. We'll find one night to go tidepooling this weekend!
You girls will be...
[video=youtube;tEQnC1MTIQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEQnC1MTIQE[/video]

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Kenny,
You already know that's one of my favorite songs! Thank you, that was so nice this morning! I sure wish you were comin' down!

Kenny,
You're alright in my book.....................................I looked at this post after reading through all the "unauthorized checkpoint" posts and it was much needed!!

Thanks...........................

Kenny

Ya don't think there was some herb involved, do ya?

There's just something about that song......Makes me feel good.............
Ya don't think there was some herb involved, do ya?:-D Maybe a little counterculturall activity as well.:thumbsup:

We get it on most every night
when that moon is big and bright
its a supernatural delight
everybodys dancing in the moonlight

we get
everybody here is out of sight
they dont bark and they dont bite
they keep things loose they keep it tight

dancing in the moonlight
everybodys feeling warm and bright
its such a fine and natural sight

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
No herb for me, it made me puke. It wasn't countercultural either but it did involve a beach in PP and a handsome local boy............Memories......

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Haven't you seen that picture up on here yet, Julie? I'm sure Chuck or somebody will repost it for you. LOL!!!

Haven't you seen that picture up on here yet, Julie? I'm sure Chuck or somebody will repost it for you. LOL!!!
Julie.....you really don't want to see the picture....trust me....oh sorry...that was from a heterosexual guy's viewpoint.........:rofl::rofl: