Timeshare hell story from John Oliver

Old55

Well Known Member
The idea that your kids are then stuck until they die is something else too.I think I will start a company to get the kids out of it for a 5k upfront fee with a guarantee from my Florida Condo/Office

Encanto

I had never seen the John Oliver show.

That segment was great.

The teapot piglet sitting on the cat made me laugh out loud.

Got back to Phoenix last night, been at the beach for a week, super nice down there. Tons of sea birds hitting the bait balls.

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
Just a thought. Any possibility the TFG has and is running his mouth off like a time share salesmen. I mean the dumbest of dumb are throwing there hard earned dollars at this disaster.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Cheddar............

I don't think you have any comprehension of just how dumb dumb people can be yet still have plenty of money to burn.

Anyone "investing" in the new Margaritavilla AKA "Barrachos" in Mirador yet ? The past owners made a million off of those enchanted fools from the Valley of the Sun.

I wonder if the bait balls Encanto mentions are Cortez Grunions awaiting the full moon and big tides coming this Thursday the 6th. ?

Encanto

Cheddar............

I don't think you have any comprehension of just how dumb dumb people can be yet still have plenty of money to burn.

Anyone "investing" in the new Margaritavilla AKA "Barrachos" in Mirador yet ? The past owners made a million off of those enchanted fools from the Valley of the Sun.

I wonder if the bait balls Encanto mentions are Cortez Grunions awaiting the full moon and big tides coming this Thursday the 6th. ?
Jim,

They could be Grunion.

They were running linearly along the beach for miles.

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
Cheddar............

JJ I just didn’t fall of the the turnip truck. You can’t even feel sorry for these people.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
The Grunion "run" will probably occur just after the daytime high tide begins to recede.

The Gulf Grunion do their runs only in the daytime.

I've seen them washed up dead on the beach south of El Golfo by the millions. So many that the sea birds all just sit on the beach stuffed so full that they can hardly scoot away from our Jeep.

Never seen them do the run around PP.

Old55

Well Known Member
The Grunion "run" will probably occur just after the daytime high tide begins to recede.

I've seen them washed up dead on the beach south of El Golfo by the millions. So many that the sea birds all just sit on the beach stuffed so full that they can hardly scoot away from our Jeep.

Are these the silver ones that borrow into the sand….pretty cool to snorkel in among them in 2’ of water.It is funny how sometimes the little easy to do stuff is more amazing that the big stuff.Way more interesting that getting bombed by those friggin seal at San Jorge island

Last edited:

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Yes, the females worm their way tail first into the sand and the males wrap around them and squirt sperm onto the eggs being deposited by the female. Both swim off with an outgoing wave only to die in a short time and wash back up onto the beach.

No seals at Isla San Jorge Jerry. They are California Sea Lions. Seals and Sea Lions are about as related as a dog is to a skunk.

Old55

Well Known Member
Yes, the females worm their way tail first into the sand and the males wrap around them and squirt sperm onto the eggs being deposited by the female. Both swim off with an outgoing wave only to die in a short time and wash back up onto the beach.

No seals at Isla San Jorge Jerry. They are California Sea Lions. Seals and Sea Lions are about as related as a dog is to a skunk.
Interesting https://www.cabosanlucas.net/what-to-do/seals-and-sea-lions-visiting-los-cabos

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
The reason they deposit their eggs on the first receding waves of the outgoing monthly high tide is that they will not be washed out until the next months high tide. Which is exactly what the fish plan for.

Those eggs buried in the sand are an extremely important food source for many types of migrating shore birds like plovers, sand pipers, willets and wimbrels that probe the sand with their long beaks.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
That link is no good Jerry.

There are Harbor Seals all along the coast of California and Baja. Not so in the Sea of Cortez.

audsley

Well Known Member
Googled Guadalupe fur seals and glad I did. I was worried I'd have to apologize at all the guys I've barked at for referring to sea lions as seals. Turns out the Guadalupe fur seal lives on Pacific islands west of Baja. None of the sources place it in the Sea of Cortez.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Guadalupe Island is in the cold Pacific Ocean over six hundred miles north of Cabo San Lucas and over one hundred and fifty miles west of Bahia de Vizcaino. Not exactly "fur seals in the sea-of-cortez".

Marine Fur Seals and Sea Lions compared to Earless Seals are like comparing a Hippo to a Rhino.

No "seals" normally inhabit the Sea of Cortez.

Do a simple comparison by photographs. Sea Lions have four jointed appendages and can "walk" with them and I'll bet even outrun most humans. Seals have flippers front and back that are mostly useless on land. They propel themselves on land by lunging their bodies much like a maggot in motion.

hammockpilot

The grunion were running on encanto beach at the last new moon tide. Millions of them slippery silver sand burrowing at the tide line. Drove the dogs loco. Never saw it on this beach before.