Today in Arizona History University of Arizona's solar-powered desalinization plant

mondone

Whitecaps
First I ever heard of this. :confused: Anyone have more info and is it still in operation?

Thursday, Jan. 5
On this date in 1904, the Arizona Cattle Growers Association was organized in Phoenix.
On this date in 1908, Goldwater's Department Store in Phoenix added a shoe department.
On this date in 1921, orders were received by Adj. Gen. Walter S. Ingalls from Washington, D.C., to ship all horses used by Calvary troops of the Arizona National Guard to Carlsbad, N.M. All Calvary troops were to be converted into the 158th Infantry.
On this date in 1936, The Associated Press wire service was established in Phoenix. Two teletypewriters linked Arizona directly for the first time to the worldwide AP network.
On this date in 1964, Gov. Paul Fannin officially opened the University of Arizona's new solar-powered desalinization plant — the world's largest in Puerto Penasco, Mexico.

jerry

We sure thought anything was possible back then...3 movie theaters in Puerto Penasco then! a yearor so before this video my brother and I raided our drunk dads pockets and bought a rifle from American rifleman for 12 bucks... weirdly another knucklehead elsewhere was buying the same gun http://www.jfkballistics.com/camelotscarcano.html

El Gato

Penasco (or Sonora) was to provide the land and road. According to my Dad, who was there, when the UofA crew arrived they immediately asked, "Where is the road?" So someone jumped into a jeep, drove out to the site and back, and said, "ahi esta". Of course my Dad was known to make up a good story upon occasion. But, with how easy going Penasco was, not hard to believe. I think it was out by the Mirador area (at that time just sand).

GV Jack

Snorin God
Hey Jack... remember I'm Polish and I resemble that remark... but what is Gibberish..?
Hey Mark. Here is what we call Gibberish.

As technology ³ give you the Internet, it is fascinating wash cycle option Uprising ³ a As a result, you do not have much to poddaæ her. Whenever bears want ¹ przyjrzeæ the image, is ³ a istnieæ species, which is the Action, Classic, romance, terrible thing, thriller, comedy, tragedy, and each and dy else can can stanowiæ sure ¿e of under any circumstances should not will be disappointed in finding alone. There are a few sites that bear ¹ Assorted set of films, and among them is ca ³ quite likely that ¿s certainly receive jednoœæ are looking for. ¹ ¹ The only thing to remember is that ¿s place in mind you need for authentic egzystowaæ ¹ e and free from any legal flaw time and experience It'll make przyjemnoœæ wash cycle for sure.

That is the Polish to English translation of the last paragraph of that "post". Gibberish = lots of words no comprehensive meaning, otherwords, just noise, vocal or written.
You know, we see it all the time here. Present company excluded, of course.:veg:

Hey Mark. Here is what we call Gibberish.

As technology ³ give you the Internet, it is fascinating wash cycle option Uprising ³ a As a result, you do not have much to poddaæ her. Whenever bears want ¹ przyjrzeæ the image, is ³ a istnieæ species, which is the Action, Classic, romance, terrible thing, thriller, comedy, tragedy, and each and dy else can can stanowiæ sure ¿e of under any circumstances should not will be disappointed in finding alone. There are a few sites that bear ¹ Assorted set of films, and among them is ca ³ quite likely that ¿s certainly receive jednoœæ are looking for. ¹ ¹ The only thing to remember is that ¿s place in mind you need for authentic egzystowaæ ¹ e and free from any legal flaw time and experience It'll make przyjemnoœæ wash cycle for sure.

That is the Polish to English translation of the last paragraph of that "post". Gibberish = lots of words no comprehensive meaning, otherwords, just noise, vocal or written.
You know, we see it all the time here. Present company excluded, of course.:veg:
Even when translation I have a hard time with the English... but I'm understanding the Polish a little more now...