Toilet Paper

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
Heard that almost every car crossing the border into US had three to four packages of toilet paper in there cars. Bad enough tourists take advantage of the citizens and economic living, but must their supplies be pillaged. I understand that a select few give us a bad name in Puerto Penasco but I think some respect needs to be shown when your in another country.

RP Life

Well Known Member
You would think they would see how small this place is and how limited supplies are. We don't have 100 plus stores to shop when something is out. They were packing their cart at Super Ley with toilet paper and bleach. They got a call and their friends were at Sam's Club trying to do the same, but they were out of toilet paper. This was on Saturday. When I had shopped on Wednesday the stores had plenty of toilet paper and napkins. I thought wow I am glad we don't have all the crazy hoarders here, but they let them in. Maybe they need to close the border or let them know now we don't have toilet paper so they stop coming...lol

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Heard that almost every car crossing the border into US had three to four packages of toilet paper in there cars. Bad enough tourists take advantage of the citizens and economic living, but must their supplies be pillaged. I understand that a select few give us a bad name in Puerto Penasco but I think some respect needs to be shown when your in another country.
It wasn't Steve Maduro was it?

AZRob

Well Known Member
The Walmart, WinCo, fry's any store you think of in AZ, shelves are bare. The stores are unprepared for the stock up. I went to local fry's by me at 430 am waited in a line for the store to open and the TP was gone in under 5 min. Stores are letting 3 paper products per house hold. Rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, soap, cleaning products, can goods, dry goods are being sold out. You cant even get the thing online all sold out. Medication is flying off the shelves.

Schools are shut down, no sports games playing, Disney world shut down. People are stocking up because if you get the virus you need to stay in for 14 day so you don't pass it along.

I'm waiting for Mexico to close the borders to US.

bringitbig

Well Known Member
The Walmart, WinCo, fry's any store you think of in AZ, shelves are bare. The stores are unprepared for the stock up. I went to local fry's by me at 430 am waited in a line for the store to open and the TP was gone in under 5 min. Stores are letting 3 paper products per house hold. Rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, soap, cleaning products, can goods, dry goods are being sold out. You cant even get the thing online all sold out. Medication is flying off the shelves.

Schools are shut down, no sports games playing, Disney world shut down. People are stocking up because if you get the virus you need to stay in for 14 day so you don't pass it along.

I'm waiting for Mexico to close the borders to US.
Please no for closing the border now as we are coming down this Friday the 20th. After we get through then they can shut the gates. Selfish statement on my part, no disrespect to others. Wouldn’t that be the shit....having to call your employer and say “hey, can’t get home by no fault of mine!!” Extended vacation is on the horizon. Lock that gate for a month, 2 months, don’t care, would love it.

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
Please no for closing the border now as we are coming down this Friday the 20th. After we get through then they can shut the gates. Selfish statement on my part, no disrespect to others. Wouldn’t that be the shit....having to call your employer and say “hey, can’t get home by no fault of mine!!” Extended vacation is on the horizon. Lock that gate for a month, 2 months, don’t care, would love it.
That’s exactly what we thought until you start to realize when the shelves go bare in a town of 55,000 they don’t get restocked as fast. Closest distribution hub is Hermosillo 5 hours away. On Top of it all you have hoarders buying up supplies and taking it across the border. How ironic 99% of the time its exactly opposite with tourists smuggling product into Mexico.

bringitbig

Well Known Member
That’s exactly what we thought until you start to realize when the shelves go bare in a town of 55,000 they don’t get restocked as fast. Closest distribution hub is Hermosillo 5 hours away. On Top of it all you have hoarders buying up supplies and taking it across the border. How ironic 99% of the time its exactly opposite with tourists smuggling product into Mexico.
You are correct with the re-stocking levels not nearly as fast as in the U.S., but if that gate is closed there is no taking anything across. Come on boarder closing....I’m kidding. Thank you Cheddar for the reply.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/technology/coronavirus-purell-wipes-amazon-sellers.html

It is one thing to buy to last you 2 to 4 weeks its another to buy to hoard and to make a profit. You can't tell me everyone ran out of toilet paper, napkins, bleach etc. all at the same time and needed to restock.
Read the national news this morning when I woke up per usual. There is a guy in Tennessee that has 17,000 bottles of Purrell and can't get rid of them now after Ebay and Amazon closed his online stores. The best part, we all get angry at this guy for practicing capitalism, being a middleman and driving price up when the health insurance industry operates in the same manner! LOL

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Sounds like old Mexican joe has got SM syndrome ,I must have really hot a nerve with the old boy
Steve, I can't understand you. Not sure what that means. I appreciate the compliment though. I've never had a super fan before! Well, I did have HAPPY until they life banned him. I'll know if you're a true super fan when you start sending me private emails...

bringitbig

Well Known Member
Read the national news this morning when I woke up per usual. There is a guy in Tennessee that has 17,000 bottles of Purrell and can't get rid of them now after Ebay and Amazon closed his online stores. The best part, we all get angry at this guy for practicing capitalism, being a middleman and driving price up when the health insurance industry operates in the same manner! LOL
Hey Joe. I too read that article on yahoo this morning. He will be able to sell the goods locally through offer up, craigslist, Facebook, Walmart parking lot, etc. Might take a little time, but he will be ok And make a profit. And you’re right on the money about the health industry. About a week ago I read an article, I think on Reddit, that a person had a family member in the hospital and the patient was charged $5 for, wait for it.....one cough drop. He had the pics of the said cough drop and the bill. Un-f’n-believable.

AZRob

Well Known Member
Steve, I can't understand you. Not sure what that means. I appreciate the compliment though. I've never had a super fan before! Well, I did have HAPPY until they life banned him. I'll know if you're a true super fan when you start sending me private emails...
Stop it Joe, you know I'm your only super fan.:perv:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hey Joe. I too read that article on yahoo this morning. He will be able to sell the goods locally through offer up, craigslist, Facebook, Walmart parking lot, etc. Might take a little time, but he will be ok And make a profit. And you’re right on the money about the health industry. About a week ago I read an article, I think on Reddit, that a person had a family member in the hospital and the patient was charged $5 for, wait for it.....one cough drop. He had the pics of the said cough drop and the bill. Un-f’n-believable.
Yea it did say that but obviously much harder because it limits his sales to the local area and pick up only vs opening up the entire market of the US through web based sales. I've been trying to sell some auto parts for a couple of weeks now on Offerup and EVERYONE is complete FLAKES!!! Offerup message: Is the item still available? My IMMEDIATE response: Yes.... 5 minutues, 35 minutes, 35 days NO RESPONSE! lol

No joke, Banner Wound Clinic on 10th st and Willetta sent me a package of tape and gauze that I did NOT require or ask for in an office visit to have some paperwork filled out for my employer a couple of years ago. They charged me $220!!! I swear to god. This shit couldn't have cost more than $26 if you went to Wally World and bought it yourself. I'm not exaggerating.

I would think that has to be illegal. I mean at no point did they ask me if I needed anything or told me that this would be coming. I was there for something unrelated to needing medical supplies. Also got billed by the doctor for that appointment, $445. So yea. Pretty hot!

Maduro steve

Well Known Member
Your the one that keeps bringing me up . Not a fan , just an observer .

Gandydancer

Well shut the front door!!! When I read that Rocky Point had no problem with supplies of paper products, I was ready to trade Marybna 1 box of books for a six pack of TP. All shelves are empty here in Green Valley. Maybe I will ask The Old wise one (Snorin God, GV Jack). What happened? He sure has been quiet lately. A little wisdom please.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I was in Sam's Club on Fri afternoon and they still had a lot of TP, but I did see more than a few carts with 3-4 big packs of TP.
I bought one 40 pack of TP and a 8 pack of paper towels for my Cholla place.

I ended up taking the TP back to Phx after my wife told me she couldn't find any TP at 4 different stores in Phx.

I got a comment from the US border agent as I was crossing that there were many cars with TP packed in them.
Hopefully the stores in Penasco limit sales to 1 pack per person and gets this under control so the locals can buy some.

rplarry

Well Known Member
With news reports like this, if true, toilet paper may be the least of your worries :

RP Life

Well Known Member
read the above article...this was quoted in it....

“Because I consider it is more a collective hysteria than any other thing. In Mexico we have a culture of a little bit more of hygiene that helps us to limit this kind of transmissions,” he said.

The numbers should start increasing soon in Mexico....Just think about Semana Santa and Easter coming up