Tourists flocking to Rocky Point & having a blast !!

Eric

I cant believe how many tourists are in Rocky Point right now..I havent seen crowds like this in a few years. From my understanding every resort / hotel is at or close to 100% full !! RP is so much more fun when there are lots of tourists having a good time. We also were down 3 weeks ago at the start of spring break & I'd say I havent seen that many AZ spring breakers in quite some time..

We drove down yesterday & it was nice to see tons of AZ plates heading to the beach. Two federal police cars & 1 tourist assistance truck were patrolling the highway leading to RP. The local Govt is really bending over backwards to make sure the tourists are safe & are not hassled & it looks like it is really paying off for local tourism. Its nice to see the local police concentrate on the areas they should be patrolling.

I thought that the cartels that are fighting eachother in Juarez would have slowed tourism for RP but I guess tourists are figuring out that RP is hundreds of miles away from any large Mexican cities where the cartel infighting can thrive & is occuring. Thank goodness for us that RP is geographicly in the perfect location & the border town of Sonoita that we drive thru is a small town....Its nice to see that RP remains so safe...

I had my family reunion in RP last October & its gonna be nice to continue that tradition........

Hooch
WHERE IS ? It is still Rocky Point With all of the very fond memories of the last 30 years for Edna and I. We used to sleep on the beach, then to a tent trailer, then to a trailer and now to a nice 5 Th wheel. I love it there and hope to live out my retired life there. It still holds the same charm if you look for it.

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Me too, Bill. I am retiring on Oct. 1st. I can't wait! 31 and a half years with the state is enough!!!!!! It's time to play and rest now. Altho I'm sure Mark will keep me busy doing charity work and stuff us social workers have to do or we'll go bonkerser! LOL! Actually I'm looking forward to it as I am bilingual and think I can do a lot of good for my second home. Yes, it has changed a LOT in the 45 years I have been coming there. Yes, I have to drive out farther to see the stars without the town lights. The Malecon can be waaay too crowded sometimes. The beach, too. But, I fell in love with Rocky Point as an 8 year old. There's no changing that! :mexico::woo::mrgreen::mrgreen:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Remember, these are "the good ole times" to someone in the future. Have fun and make the most of every day!