Tragedy in Bahia La Choya.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
It seems you have reached the final fork in the road, my young Jedi. I think I was in my mid-20's when it hit me that everything from here on out would be nothing more than a result of how my personal philosophy interacted with the world around me...

It all boils down to personal choice- are we (as individuals) going to choose to follow our intinctual drive for instant gratification (damn the long term after-effects), or are we going to evaluate our decisions before hand and base our choices on reason and rationality...?

Is it so difficult to understand why some people think it would be ok for so many people to get into such a small boat, while other people fundamentally understand what a very bad idea it is...?

... it has to do with cognition.

Why am I wasting my time here with all you Hawaiian shirt wearing, Jimmie Buffet listening goons? :)

Reflection of self

Yes its very difficult, its actually mind boggling. The parent is responsible for that child and this is a case of negligence. This parent or owner of the boat could possibly face felony charges in America especially if alcohol was involved!! This outcome could have been avoided and if that's the case then the only thing this could have been or could be is negligence.

Train of thought. I dont think it has to do with cognition or lack of. Their brain is cognitive they understand what they are doing but for them THEIR CULTURE says it's normal to put 19 people on a boat. This comes back to learned behavior. Ive learned that if I put 19 people on a boat here in Phx and it sinks and someone dies I could be potentially facing charges and or be found liable in civil court. Cant you be a complete moron and still have brain cognition?!

Take it easy my mom is a Parrot Head :cheers:

audsley

You guys are all way too deep for me. When do you think the shore fishing might pick up? Especially for Corvina?

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
You guys are all way too deep for me. When do you think the shore fishing might pick up? Especially for Corvina?

LOL.. the philosopher fisherman (Fishlosopher?) says the corvina should be starting to show up in numbers - the water is over 70 degrees, and that is when the warm season species usually start showing up ...

Hmmm... "Fishlosopher"... do I have a new name for my boat?

playaperro

El Pirata
Hey Robert i was a victim of you fishlosophy at first I did not care for your views of life but you did change and are starting to make sense, So now i guess i'm a
volunteer of your fisho. Like they ask you are the border, what type of work you do? and u make a face and they say oh you know you don't have to answer that.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Hey Robert i was a victim of you fishlosophy at first I did not care for your views of life but you did change and are starting to make sense.

Thanks, Dog.

If I can make half as much sense as Jerry or Roberto then I guess I'm doing ok... (you know, since I am also half their age :wink: )

jerry

Dec. 21 2012 we all go out together...spend the kids college fund and put off the prostate exam
Thanks, Dog.

If I can make half as much sense as Jerry or Roberto then I guess I'm doing ok... (you know, since I am also half their age :wink: )