Trains?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I haven't been here for 10 months. Russ I'm sure you will know the answer to this question, also. You know I live in the Mirador. I used to hear trains day and night going thru town but have only heard them from a distance this week. Did they build a bypass around town or something?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
No bypass, you are just not there at the right time.....I live 2-3 blocks off the tracks on the North side and I hear them starting at 4 am and they seem to be increasing.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I been here for a week, awake at different times due to the dreaded insomnia. They used to blow whistles all the way from Las Conchas to the Crucero. I haven't heard a thing........Just way off in the distance. Did they put a moratorium on blowing them in town? I don't hear the rumbling either......

Landshark

Grew up close to the RR tracks in Indiana & still like hearing the trains. A few years back a train was heading into RP just before Christmas, men riding on the roof as usual, playing jingle bells on the train horn! Great memories!

Landshark

Northern part of the state, at the southern tip of Lake Michigan. Grew up playing on the beaches and sand dunes, riding in my dad's boat. RP reminds me so much of those days. Just miss the dense forests....but not the ice and snow!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I finally heard the train!!!! At 3:53 A.M., I heard it blowing it's horn from way south to way north non-stop and the rumble. So comforting!