Travel south of the border Kold 13 Tucson.

El Gato

I enjoy reading all the comments. Some people are just too scared or too stupid.
Oh Well.......not stopping me.
If you figure how many people come down to Penasco, especially on major holidays, have a great time, no problems, you really wonder how someone can think that one or two bad episodes would make a place unsafe - under that thinking one would not go anywhere, including church, school, shopping, etc. And, heck, your home isn't even safe as I'm sure everyone has had some sort of accident at home. But those that fear Mexico will never look at it logically. Unfortunately other people listen to them and deprive themselves.

I used to frequent San Diego before I started going to RP.
There were times when I was out and about and didnt always like the surroundings.
We had our spare tire stolen from our truck there one year. Plus it costs more and the beaches are dirty.
And who wants to spend a whole day at Sea World.

mis2810

I used to frequent San Diego before I started going to RP.
There were times when I was out and about and didnt always like the surroundings.
We had our spare tire stolen from our truck there one year. Plus it costs more and the beaches are dirty.
And who wants to spend a whole day at Sea World.
No beer on the beach either and the water is cold!

mis2810

My husband and I have become good friends with some of the vendors we see each year. Even calling them at home on Xmas Eve to wish them and their families a Merry Xmas, for birthdays, etc. I understand that sometimes when you just want to relax and not talk, it can get annoying to have vendors keep coming by and showing their wares and asking if you want to buy, but overall, it doesn't bother me.

Landshark

We always welcome them. They are hard working people just trying to make a living and are always friendly and nice. We usually offer them a cold bottle of water. I can't imagine hauling all that stuff up & down the beach especially in the hot months.

Jslknl

I am more afraid in downtown Phoenix then anywhere in Rocky Point! One of my favorite times is walking early on the beach watching locals get octopuses and other wildlife. They are friendly and always show us and my kids unique sea life! We don't speak great Spanish but a friendly smile goes a LONG way!

MIRAMAR

Can you imagine how crowded the beaches would be if everyone who wrote those negative comments actually came to Penasco- shhh don't let out the secret!