Travel Trailer Transportion to PP?

Esperanza

Well Known Member
Hi.... we have a 29' Travel Trailer that we want moved to PP. Do any of you have any recommendations of who we can contact? We are in the Phoenix East Valley area?
Thanks

P

Penasco Pirate

I'd be happy to pull it down as soon as my transmision is done. I have a 1 ton Dodge diesel that'll yank it along nicely. When are you thinking about getting it down there?

Esperanza

Well Known Member
Thanks so much....that would be great. We're having problems with our vehicle as well and trying to get them resolved. It will probably be a couple of weeks as we've had a family emergency and need to go out of town.
If we don't get our vehicle fixed, we'd appreciate you help. I'll touch base with you when we get back into town.
Thanks again for your help!

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
Remember, only the owner can cross into mexico with it. They likley will check the unit and want to see registration papers and proof the owner is there with it.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Bill....I believe if whoever is towing it has the Title, and a notarized letter from the owner saying that it was ok to transport, they should be able to take it across.

P

Penasco Pirate

We could always transfer the title here and retransfer after the transfer!?!?!?!

Esperanza

Well Known Member
Thanks to all..... we were able to get our truck fixed and the trailer is now safely in PP! Interestingly enough, no problems at the border.....they waived us through. Maybe it has something to do with mi esposo being Mexicano!?
Again, thanks!!

joester

2 salty dawgs
just an FYI -
as we had searched previously to have someone bring a TT to PP for us - found a couple listings on Craigslist Phoenix for under 300 - insured commercial transport.
as the owner, you'd probaly want to be along for the ride anyhow, so you get it parked where you want.
just a thought.

beachgirl

Well Known Member
Funny this topic came up.........we borrowed a friend's truck to take our trailer down in May. We had the notorized letter of permission in English and Spanish. We got the green light at the border and on we went, no questions asked. But it's always "better safe than sorry".

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
Does having a notarized letter and the title in someone else's name work for any other vehicles such as boats jet skies etc. ?

P

Penasco Pirate

Offer still stands for taking trailers down. Basically I'm looking for cost of fuel down and back is all. Insurance would be on the owner and I'd be happy to caravan down with them, too.