Traveling from Lukeville to RP.

Troy Burker

After crossing the border at Lukeville on foot southbound, what would be the best way to get to RP? Is there any shuttles? I know there is a bus ,but, it's 7 hours.

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
After crossing the border at Lukeville on foot southbound, what would be the best way to get to RP? Is there any shuttles? I know there is a bus ,but, it's 7 hours.
Hitch a ride. Lots of Americans drive it everyday. If you don't look like a serial killer, you can probably catch a ride pretty easily. Start walking south and stick your thumb out.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
I'm thinking I'd call the various Rocky Point shuttle services and ask if they'd stop at the border to take on an additional passenger . . .

wendell

Just as you walk over the border there is an office for the shuttle between PP and Sonoyta. It is about 50 yds in from the border on your right. They have 6 shuttles a day and are very reasonable

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
The bus takes 7 hours to get from Sonoyta to RP? Is it a Fred Flintstone bus?

Roberto

Well Known Member
I am pretty sure there is no direct commercial bus, other than the aforementioned van transport, directly between Sonoita and Penasco. You can get a commercial bus from Sonoita to Caborca, switch busses (and maybe bus lines ) there, after a wait then get an Albatross commercial bus to Penasco. There are two bus lines that service part of Sonora and Baja del Norte. Albatross on Benito Juarez goes south to Hermosillo and ABC that goes north to Mexicali. Might be 7 hours total with the wait and changeover in Caborca. Gives you a chance to sightsee.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I am pretty sure there is no direct commercial bus, other than the aforementioned van transport, directly between Sonoita and Penasco. You can get a commercial bus from Sonoita to Caborca, switch busses (and maybe bus lines ) there, after a wait then get an Albatross commercial bus to Penasco. There are two bus lines that service part of Sonora and Baja del Norte. Albatross on Benito Juarez goes south to Hermosillo and ABC that goes north to Mexicali. Might be 7 hours total with the wait and changeover in Caborca. Gives you a chance to sightsee.
About 3 years ago I was driving my truck a little too hard over by Competition Hill and broke my driver side spindle (knuckle, upright). Obviously, once that happened I couldn't drive the truck home so my GF and I were in a little bit of a predicament. I can't remember exactly where on Benito Juarez the terminal is but we paid $50/seat for a one way to Phoenix. The way they do it is the van in Mexico stays in Mexico so it just goes between RP and Sonoyta, back and forth. Then you walk across and get in the other van they have parked at the Lukeville gas station and continue on to Phoenix. Pretty sure that would be an option for the OP. It was quite the experience. On the way to Sonoyta out by the Pinacates we stopped and picked up two migrants that were walking to the border. We had to make a detour in Sonoyta and drop off most of the passengers at a connecting terminal that appeared to be for anyone wanting to go east towards Caborca and further south. After we walked across my GF and I got into the van and realized we were the only ones headed all the way to Phoenix so that was real HOT! Private shuttle! We had our legs stretched out and everything. It was great. LOL The young man driving did about 80mph which was fine with me and after we got through Gila Bend I started feeling this guy out to see if he would drive us straight to my condo in Central Phoenix instead of taking us to the bus depot on 27th ave and Van Buren (not the nicest part of town)... the guy realized and opportunity an your boy broke him off with a $20 bill for his efforts. He dropped us off right in front of my front door!!! LOL all in all I think it was about 4 hours from when we got in the van in RP to my condo in Central PHX... That doesn't count getting to the depot an hour early to ensure two seats in the van because it is first come first serve. We tried buying the seats the night before but no candooooo amigo. It actually ended up being kind of fun and something my girlfriend and I laugh about every now and then LOL