Traveling with 2 small children

K

khines

So im planning on traveling down to RP next weekend and i have 2 small children (1 and 3) im taking down there and i have to say.. i am really nervous to take them down there cause of all the violence that has occured in the past few months. Should i be worried or do you think ill be safe bringing them down there?? I just feel sometimes i may worry about nothing.. but also second guess myself..

K

khines

yes my children.. and yes im up late trying to clean while they sleep! lol... i think they will to but gosh i cant stop worrying... its the mom in me i guess

K

khines

well they act like animals but not so much party animals... remember they are 1 and 3... lol...

I wish our kids would have been that young when we started coming down here.....................better late than never though!!! I found a jellyfish on the beach a couple of days ago.......you should worry about that and nothing more. Not to sound complacent, but there really is nothing to worry about. I've said it once, and I'll say it again........be aware of your surroundings just like you would anywhere else (home or on vacation) and you and the kids will be fine. Maybe a little tequila to help them sleep??..........:lol:

Your kids will be fine......Over the past year or so, i have adjusted MY TRAVEL practices to reflect a little more conservative slant: I don't drive at night(unless with another family or two caravaning), very aware of vehicles in front and behind after crossing the border, I call someone when at border and then when I get into my house, we eat earlier in town and have our late night cocktails at home, don't leave doors unlocked when at the beach anymore (even though our edition has 24 hour security) basic adjustments for me.

So im planning on traveling down to RP next weekend and i have 2 small children (1 and 3) im taking down there and i have to say.. i am really nervous to take them down there cause of all the violence that has occured in the past few months. Should i be worried or do you think ill be safe bringing them down there?? I just feel sometimes i may worry about nothing.. but also second guess myself..
I too was recently worried. We have been going down for 6 years (research my recent posts) but after talking with people and doing some research, it is fine. We are going July 18 for 1 week. Costa Diamonte is right on target,and we will be doing the same thing. Probably your biggest concern will be keeping those babies sunblocked up! Have fun!

My friend and her husband just took down their three-month-old in May and said they couldn't have felt safer. Definitely want to stay on top of that sunblock, though!