Trip report Aug 8, 2020

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Joe, it was a low key trip. Only bad thing is the Aug weather, really hot and humid. Ocean is so warm now and most every place is slow. If you like the weather go for it.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe, it was a low key trip. Only bad thing is the Aug weather, really hot and humid. Ocean is so warm now and most every place is slow. If you like the weather go for it.
We were offered a free stay at Bella Sirena whenever we want. I was kind of waiting for the lab rats to test out the new system before I jump. Starting to get the itch. I guess I could put my ego aside to get sprayed by chemicals only twice in the weekend... We really just want to go kayaking. No bars for us but the guy that's going to let us use his place said that the mask rule is in full effect. Having to wear that at all times in 100 with 85 humidity doesn't seem fun. Not looking to get drugs planted on me either... What to do what to do????????? The non emotional answer is pry wait until September. We're in the middle of the hottest streak of weather in my lifetime and that says a lot growing up in Phoenix. Since we broke the record we might as well go for broke and hit 50 days of 110 + this year! When we look back at 2020 in 20 years, holly shit what a year!

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Joe, it was Hot and Nasty humid during our stay,from Sat morning until Wed we had 94-96 for the high's and 83-86 for the lows,
Humidity was a problem, when, I would walk out from my house I'd get hit with a 95 degree, 70% humidity
wall of welcome to Aug in Penasco. It's that bad. The sun is blazing hot.

Driving around, if there's more than one person in the car you're supposed to wear a mask.
Police we passed in Penasco and Sonoyta looked at us every time I'm assuming to see if masks were on.
Looking for for some easy fine $$

Problem with using masks in high humidity is your sun glasses fog up while breathing in your, car if A/C is on,
so take short breaths. A/C is a must.

Water is very warm, not refreshing at all.
It's going to be hot here, 110-113 in Phx for the next 8-10 days so in Penasco on the beach it's going to be
in the 96-99 range while Phx is hot.

But if you like the heat and humidity or even just tolerate it, seeing and wading in the ocean was worth it for me
and I'm not a fan of nasty hot weather.

Kenny

Well Known Member
brokenwave: Joe, it was Hot and Nasty humid during our stay,from Sat morning until Wed we had 94-96 for the high's and 83-86 for the lows,"

I love it "Hot and Nasty".

Last edited:

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member
Driving around, if there's more than one person in the car you're supposed to wear a mask.
Police we passed in Penasco and Sonoyta looked at us every time I'm assuming to see if masks were on.
Looking for for some easy fine $$
Hey wave- I know Sonoyta wanted masks at all times inside vehicles, and they were definitely checking when we passed though. But I'm pretty sure Peñasco rescinded that requirement sometime in June. We were down for almost 2 weeks in mid-July and I never wore a mask inside the car, I only put it on when entering a business. We didn't have any issues, but maybe we just got lucky...

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Hey wave- I know Sonoyta wanted masks at all times inside vehicles, and they were definitely checking when we passed though. But I'm pretty sure Peñasco rescinded that requirement sometime in June. We were down for almost 2 weeks in mid-July and I never wore a mask inside the car, I only put it on when entering a business. We didn't have any issues, but maybe we just got lucky...
I heard about that, but didn't know if it was true.

When we went into town with my local buddy, he put his on and when I asked him about it he
said sometimes the police will pull you over for not wearing one, just to try to collect the fine from you.

He said wearing one to avoid being harassed is OK with him.

He also said wearing a mask is like a common courtesy to show you support fighting the Covid.

I didn't have a problem wearing one in town driving around (other than fogging up my sun glasses, but as soon
as we were on the road past the condos going west I pulled it down under my chin and then back up when we entered Cholla.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Reading from my weather station in Encanto right now. Heat Index=121.2°

No thanks, I'll wait till mid-October!

View attachment 17031
That 84 degree Dew Point is giving me heat stroke just looking at it.
We were in Cholla for 5 days the past week and the dew points were hitting 80 while there.
It was rough being outside.
Thank's for having your station up for us to enjoy, soon I'll set one up for my place on Pinto Point in Cholla Bay.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
....... "calle nueve" in spanish it will correctly translate it to "9th street". BUT if you enter "9th street" in english it will incorrectly translate it to "novena called"........
I believe you have you "correctly" 1st and "incorrectly" transposed, "Calle nueve" is incorrectly translate as 9th street which is correctly translated to "Calle novena" it is a play with your Ordinal and Cardinal numbers.
Ordinal numbers denote positioning as 1st (first), 2nd (second), 3th (third).......9th (ninth) ninth = noveno/a
Cardinal numbers are your standard numbers as 1 (one), 2 (two), 3 (three).......9 (nine) nine = nueve

and that is why you should take Google translate or any computer generated translators with a grain of salt and some tequila!!! can not be 100% trusted

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Weather Underground has been my weather station for some years now and I've always recommended it.
but Kenny that is because you've in the high desert, very high almost not a dessert, for us low laying dweller of the Sonora desert we just peek outside and look at the sky, clear, is a good day! 304 days of the year, cloudy and summer stormy day!, 61 days of the year, watch out for washes and that is it

And yes Weather underground is the best :perv:

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member
I believe you have you "correctly" 1st and "incorrectly" transposed, "Calle nueve" is incorrectly translate as 9th street which is correctly translated to "Calle novena" it is a play with your Ordinal and Cardinal numbers.
Ordinal numbers denote positioning as 1st (first), 2nd (second), 3th (third).......9th (ninth) ninth = noveno/a
Cardinal numbers are your standard numbers as 1 (one), 2 (two), 3 (three).......9 (nine) nine = nueve

and that is why you should take Google translate or any computer generated translators with a grain of salt and some tequila!!! can not be 100% trusted
Sorry, when i used "correctly" I should have clarified that it was the correct *colloquial* translation, not the the correct "literal* translation. If a Spanish speaking person wanted to say "calle nueve" in English the best colloquial translation would be "9th street", even though it is not the literal translation ("street nine" would never be used be a native English speaker obviously).

kahunito

Finally... Had time to get back To the Rock. Pull into resident lane at the filter no line. Policia with mask on has us roll window down. We adjust our masks and can see him smile behind his. We show him a photo of cfe bill and permanente card. He waves us through. Now on beach but in sand cerveza in hand.

fallout86

Finally... Had time to get back To the Rock. Pull into resident lane at the filter no line. Policia with mask on has us roll window down. We adjust our masks and can see him smile behind his. We show him a photo of cfe bill and permanente card. He waves us through. Now on beach but in sand cerveza in hand.
they require proof of medical insurance to enter RP now?