Tsunami warning

Don't know if it will actually reach RP, but you can bet it will be felt in some manner. My son and his girlfriend live on the west coast of Maui and are in a MAJOR panic right now trying to get inland. Let's keep our fingers crossed and say a prayer for everyone within striking distance of this thing right now and pray for the poor people of Chile.

MIRAMAR

I heard the tide in Penasco was very high- I have a report that last night it went about 10 feet linear feet above the old high tide line- closer to our house. I also heard the sand was washed out, but looks like it's being redeposited today. Any other updates.

Roberto

Can't say why but the sea came into the street at the Malecon yesterday. Probably closer to 2:30 than 4.

The tsunami would have occurred in Hawaii at around 4 p.m. or so (our time). If some tidal activity had happened in PP it would have been earlier. Around the 2:30 ish time. Legitimate question.

A

azbeachboy

I was on the beach all day or in my trailer and you can watch the waves from it. It was just a high almost full moon tide on a windy day. The water didn't come close to hitting the wall in front of the old San Juan trailer park. By 4:00 pm the tide was well on it's way out.