Tucson Mayor Says Penasco Safe!!

PLT

Michelle Malkin...!!! oh well letting your source of facts (watch Fox news much?) pass, the reality is the big movers in the Construction and hospitality industries brought the Mexican workers in to to counter wage pressure from people that need a decent income....Now these same right wing Republicans are pretending they want the Mexicans to leave.It's all a show man...the big players have no intention of cutting off the supply of cheap labor.
You are kidding yourself if you think all (or even most) businessmen are right wing Republicans. Just look at all the businessmen who contributed to the Obama campaign. If the Democrats truly cared anything about the little guy, they would stop the illegals from driving down wages at the lower end of the income scale in this country. But all they really care about is political power.

jerry

The Mayor of Tucson really helped on his visit(disregard any anti Tucson comments from Oro Valley types as they really don't leave there 3.3 acre/frame and stucco shitbox in the foothills to enter a traffic jamb they created to enter the great city center unless it's to buy more booze.
Bill (lagrimas85)and his wife stopped into Santo Tomas last week with a developer friend that owns a huge ranch south of Lobos.He reported the news that the Mexican Officals were so impressed with Walkups comments that they ordered the Sasabe/Saric/Caborca road to be fast tracked (I heard they are working on it again)...This is great news from people going to Southern Beach areas (Puerto Lobos/Santo Tomas etc) from Tucson because the trip will be 3.5 hours if you drive the speed limit.

MIRAMAR

I don't get your comment Jerry about "Foothills" types enter the "great city". If you're talking the great city of Penasco, we go twice a month. If you're talking about Tucson, there isn't a lot of reason to go downtown- unless I need government business. The city council has run every other business out of town with their decisions. I heard at one time the South Park group was going to do a show on Tucson, and the catch phrase was "Tucson, Where dreams go to die". That pretty much sums up what's happened to Tucson since we've lived here- 30 years, with all the businesses and sports teams leaving- IBM, Sidewinders, Rockies, etc. Enough said, but that's for another thread.

jerry

Miramar you need to turn off local right wing talk radio and go back downtown...it's coming together!
Thanks to our mayors visit you might be getting to the beach faster!
I don't get your comment Jerry about "Foothills" types enter the "great city". If you're talking the great city of Penasco, we go twice a month. If you're talking about Tucson, there isn't a lot of reason to go downtown- unless I need government business. The city council has run every other business out of town with their decisions. I heard at one time the South Park group was going to do a show on Tucson, and the catch phrase was "Tucson, Where dreams go to die". That pretty much sums up what's happened to Tucson since we've lived here- 30 years, with all the businesses and sports teams leaving- IBM, Sidewinders, Rockies, etc. Enough said, but that's for another thread.

MIRAMAR

Jerry, let's not get into a p.ssing contest. I just thought before you paint everyone with broad brush strokes, you should think before you type. I'm glad Walkup gave a thumbs up for Penasco. The other discussion, like I said before, is for another thread.

jerry

I agree but would you admit you took the cheap shot at the Mayor that got me going in the first place? Rio Nuevo had many fathers...business and government
Jerry, let's not get into a p.ssing contest. I just thought before you paint everyone with broad brush strokes, you should think before you type. I'm glad Walkup gave a thumbs up for Penasco. The other discussion, like I said before, is for another thread.

MIRAMAR

You were the first to make the nasty comment about "Foothills types" before I mentioned City Council. Moving on- getting ready to go to Penasco for the weekend.

jerry

yea i sort of suck sometimes....you foothills types can be ok! Have fun at the beach...we didn't catch a lot of fish but had some great fun!
You were the first to make the nasty comment about "Foothills types" before I mentioned City Council. Moving on- getting ready to go to Penasco for the weekend.