Tune in to watch Pto. Penasco on TV!

rplarry

I heard that the show was extremely scripted as if that each were actually practicing their lines before they shot at each location. I think the gal is either a tough cookie as mentioned or the show scripted her that way. From some friends who know the show, the producers script and train the candidates on what they have to say. It seems from watching that it might be the case.

Also, because Dan the realtor was the choice of who would represent the deal, from my understanding he could not show other deals that he didn't represent. So, limited availability and properties available.

Personally I thought that they did a terrible job of showing RP. Every shot from the balcony of each resort was from the furthest location along with it being extreme low tide. It looked like the ocean was 8 miles away.

And, when they went to Del Capitan they gave no credit to where they were, the history or anything else. Pretty weak. I wonder if Del Capitan expected more? You'd think the producer of the show would create goodwill by naming the places and people they met while filming their show.

Dan the realtor did a great job. He's not a scripted guy so he went along like a pro.

A huge miss in my opinion for what could have been a great shown. But like they say, marginal publicity is better than no publicity at all.

RPLarry, it's a half hour program with commercials - meaning it's 22 minutes of actual footage There is no such thing as a real reality show, they all are scripted in one way or another and then heavily edited - so they storyline they made was to create a nightmare of a wife. I think they did a nice job showing the town - it's not like Penasco has buildings like Allendes or Guanajuato. At least they didnt show any of the hulking rusting empty condo shells that are dotted all over the place.

DeniseAck

Loved the episode, but...

I thought it was great to show PP as an affordable beachfront town and it might inspire those who are unaware to visit/buy property. I just wish they showed more of the area instead of the grumpy wife! Piling up a cooler with water bottles? Montezuma's revenge? Mispronouncing Peñasco? And the editors should have caught the 400 mile mistake. Um...doesn't anyone fact check?

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I thought it was great to show PP as an affordable beachfront town and it might inspire those who are unaware to visit/buy property. I just wish they showed more of the area instead of the grumpy wife! Piling up a cooler with water bottles? Montezuma's revenge? Mispronouncing Peñasco? And the editors should have caught the 400 mile mistake. Um...doesn't anyone fact check?
round trip, maybe?

Yep. You listed the points at which I, too, cringed while watching. Hopefully those inaccuracies were overcome by the overall depiction. Penasco is getting on the map, though. I also -- within the last day or so -- saw a piece on the "Osprey Nest House" in Penasco -- I think it was on "You Live In A What?" That depicted a luxurious, beach-front home, which gave balance to RE opportunities in the area.

Yep. You listed the points at which I, too, cringed while watching. Hopefully those inaccuracies were overcome by the overall depiction. Penasco is getting on the map, though. I also -- within the last day or so -- saw a piece on the "Osprey Nest House" in Penasco -- I think it was on "You Live In A What?" That depicted a luxurious, beach-front home, which gave balance to RE opportunities in the area.

This house is being featured on HGTV Extreme Homes airing Sunday 2/17. Hopefully they get all the info correct this time.

Kenny

The speil in 2007

The speil in 2007
[video=youtube;M9gtmYMOcJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9gtmYMOcJo&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

DeniseAck

Thanks, Kenny! I think that was a great piece. If they sold in the heyday, I suppose those folks are sitting on a pile of pesos!