TV Reception

Jellyfish

Again why do you say that all the bars and most homes where I am have Direct TV never heard any law against having direct TV you would think if that were the case the Mex. tec. would not install your direct TV dish.
Hill, I think he was refering to the post by InkaRoads and the reference to the VPN.

apricot

Checked the price of the Slingbox 500 at Costco today....it's $269.99. Not all Costco stores carry it, so it's probably best to call the Costco stores in your area if you're truly interested. It's item # 809580. Only one Costco out of the three in our area carries it. Costco has a great return policy, so if you try it out and it doesn't work for you, you could always return it. We bought one today and will try it out when we're down later this month.

Can I bring my Direct TV receiver to Penasco with me and just watch what has has already been recorded on my DVR? Do I have to have the satellite dish to do that?
We take our box from the bedroom to RP. Have a dish that we keep in the trailer and get all the stations we do in Tucson. Don't know about the pre-recorded stuff, never tried it.

I got my sling box at best buy don't remember how much I paid it was a couple of years ago. We use it to watch recorded shows off our dvr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InkaRoads

cronopiador
as long as the box is return at the end of the contract/cancellation of service with any of the satellite dish providers there should be no "theft" involved after all you are paying to use it and although I do not have dish service now when I had it they never told me that I should not used their equipment out side of the USA and further more there is never theft involve because when you sign the contract you also have sign for the clause that specifies that you will be charge for the equipment if not return in the same shape they give it to you!! so no worries and if you dig deep, maybe, 6 years ago, you might find this same thread!

I have Direct TV in my main home in Casa Grande. I have extra receivers in PP and in Show Low, Az. The extra boxes are on my base account as extra rooms. I ask D TV if it was ok to use these in other places and they said YES.
The only minor problem I have is as my 5th wheel is in storage all Summer and the receiver is powered down. When I return to PP I some times have to have D TV do a reset for me, no chg..
No legal issues. I also question how there would be any way the local police, or anyone for that matter, would know anything about your system. There are so many DTV and other non Mexican antenas there that I dought that the police will start knocking on doors to check your system legality.

GV Jack

Snorin God
The place I rent has Direct and when I go down there I take one of my receivers and switch because mine has the sports packages.

The only problem is I can't get the local Tucson channels. I'm sure if I messed with it I can, but I don't watch much local stuff anyway.

Roberto

I think the illegality is here in Mexico not in the US. After all, Skinny Man need to make money and cannot have rich Americans encroaching on his market. I have never heard of anyone enforcing that law here though.

Terry C

But, if you needed phone help and told them the dish is in Mexico, they would cancel you in flash! They only verify your address

jat53

I need help with our Direct tv- brought a slimline HD dish down and 3 receivers- I activated all 3 in phoenix prior to leaving for RP. My installer can't get the SWM boxes to work (all though they work in phoenix) so used the B Bands...!also one receiver he can't get to work in any room however they all work in phoenix. Any advice, help ?? B very frustrated