Two hours + going in to Mexico

Discussion in 'Border' started by dirtsurfer, May 26, 2017.

1. brokenwave

brokenwave Well-Known Member

2. mondone

mondone Whitecaps

Back to the monument, could be a lot more than that depending how fast CBP is moving them through. Took me 4 hours a few years back from that spot.

3. Roberto

Roberto Well-Known Member

Took me five minutos to drive to the OXXO this morning, damed holiday traffic.

Landshark likes this.
  4. jerry

jerry Well-Known Member

did El Sasabe about 6 weeks ago South to North ....no shots fired...road condition pretty bad on the toll road

5. Buffalo Marty

Buffalo Marty Well-Known Member

Have a buddy in Chandler who has a Sasabe story. Says he was driving with his Dad back from RP through Mexico, and in Altar they were looking at the map and essentially said "[email protected]#k it" and decided to drive up to Sasabe instead of Santa Ana/ Nogales. Says as they got near the border they were approached and followed by pickup trucks with armed guys in the truck bed- they were not in any way self-identified as any type of law enforcement. They had no idea who the hell they were and just kept going to the border. Luckily the crossed without incident but were asked by the Customs agents what on earth they were doing there and basically advised to never do it again. Sounded like the wild west out there...

6. Landshark

Landshark Well-Known Member

Scary...hope they were wearing Hawaiian shirts, windows down with rock music blasting.

7. brokenwave

brokenwave Well-Known Member

Were the border waits less than usual for this Memorial Day coming back from Mexico? I looked a few times and it was under 2 hours according to the BP website.

8. jerry

jerry Well-Known Member

Been there done that....have a worse story I can never tell

9. ernesto

ernesto Well-Known Member

Like deliverance? Were there banjos involved?

10. jerry

jerry Well-Known Member

there was blood,mud and a crash

11. jerry

jerry Well-Known Member

Good news...now heard from two sources the sasabe road is in great shape....no gangster on gringo issues either....