Two men attacked and wounded on the Penasco Caborca Road

I'll dare to put on one and please if anyone with better Spanish thinks i translated something wrong, just correct me. I do not want to perpetuate any misinformation.

CABORCA, Sonora(PH)
Al transitar dos personas en un vehículo por la carretera Puerto Peñasco-
While traveling two people in a vehicle on the highway of Puerto Penasco to
Caborca, procedentes de Mexicali con destino a Hermosillo, fueron heridas con
Caborca, coming from Mexicali with the destination to Hermosillo, they were wounded with
proyectil de armas largas por un grupo que les cortó el camino con un carro y
projectile of long weapons (sorry don’t know guns well enough to know what kind of weapon that is) by a group that cut them off the road with a car and
descendió para después dispararle, informó la Policía Estatal Investigadora.
Got out to shoot at them, informed the State Investigating Police.
En los hechos ocurridos el pasado domingo a las 22:00 horas resultaron heridos
These facts occurred last Sunday at 10:00 pm and resulted in wounds to
Roberto Ochoa Cervantes, de 46 años , quien sufrió dos heridas en omóplato y
Roberto Ochoa Cervantes of 46 years of age, who suffered wounds in the shoulder blade and
parte posterior del brazo derecho sin orificio de salida, mismas que tardan
back part of the right arm without exit, that takes
menos de 15 días en sanar.
less than 15 days to heal.
También Consuelo Cervantes León, de 70 años de edad, sufrió heridas por
Also Consuelo Cervantes Leon, of 70 years of age, suffered wounds,
esquirlas e incrustación de cristales en cuello y nuca.
Glasss Splinters and In the neck.
Según el informe policíaco las víctimas viajaban a bordo de un vehículo Toyota,
According the police information the victims traveled in a white Toyota
tundra de color blanco, modelo 2000, con placas de Baja California, procedentes Tundra, model 2000, with Baja California license, Hermosillo.
de Mexicali con destino a Hermosillo.
coming from Mexicali going to
Cuando a la altura del ejido Las Cachoras fueron alcanzados por un vehículo
When they were at Las Cachoras Ejido they were reached by a vehicle
tipo Cherokee, color verde, modelo atrasado, quienes les cortaron el paso
a late model green Cherokee, that cut them off
descendiendo dos personas con armas largas quienes les dispararon al
Two persons got out with long arms, and shot at them
momento en que las victimas trataban de rebasarlos.
At the moment that the victims tried to pass them.
De los hechos se le dio conocimiento al Agente del Ministerio Público del Fuero
These facts were announced by the Agent of the Public Ministery
Común y desconoció hasta le momento quienes son los presuntos pistoleros.
And they don’t know at this moment who are the assumed shooters.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
You could try Defrente tomorrow. It comes out on Thursday and may have this in it as it happened Sunday........Basically some guys in an old green Jeep Cherokee shot at these people, one had wounds in his arm and the lady had wounds from broken glass.

Rosie, can you help us?

Kenny

Spanish to English translation

Caborca, Sonora (PH)
When two people travel in a vehicle on the Puerto Penasco-Caborca, from Mexicali to Hermosillo, were injured with guns projectile by a group that blocked their way with a car and then shoot him down, police said State Inquiry.

In the events on Sunday at 22:00 wounded Roberto Ochoa Cervantes, 46, who suffered two wounds in the back shoulder blade and right arm was no exit wound, it takes them less than 15 days to heal.

Cervantes also Consuelo León, 70 years old, was injured by shrapnel and glass inlay on the neck and head.

According to the police report the victims were aboard a Toyota vehicle, tundra, white, 2000 model, with Baja California plates, from Mexicali to Hermosillo.

When the height of the ejido The Cubs were hit by a Cherokee type vehicle, green, late model, who cut their way down two people with guns who shot them at the time the victims were trying to pass them.

Of facts was made aware of the Public Ministry Agent Common Law and ignored until now you who the alleged gunmen.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Janet your translation is really goodKenny that is the best so far of the internet translators, still a little chopy but better than anything I have found so far.
So the advisory now should read again: "DO NOT drive at night-that is when the bad people goes out to play" and they play rough, obviously

Janet your translation is really goodKenny that is the best so far of the internet translators, still a little chopy but better than anything I have found so far.
So the advisory now should read again: "DO NOT drive at night-that is when the bad people goes out to play" and they play rough, obviously
Amen to the not driving at night. Where I go south of the border, I am always in line to cross back into the U.S. before dark. Not that bad things don't happen in the day time. They can and do. I am just naturally more cautious at night. It is so sad. I lived south of the Mexican border for 8 years when I was in my 20s and never, never had anything to worry about by going out at night. Of course, as a woman, I was always accompanied by another person, either a woman or a man, that was the expectation. Noone ever, ever bothered you in those days.

Last edited:
What is the deal with all the bad guys down there driving Jeep Cherokees - the prior events earlier in the year all involved Jeep Cherokees - when we started going to RP after the earlier events we looked out for Jeeps and noticed that there seems to be an unnaturally high percentage of them between Sonoyta and RP.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Jeeps are very popular here in Penasco as the entire are is covered with trails. There are so many places to 4 wheel drive and explore it just makes sense to have a jeep. Thats my opinion on the matter though so it is probably wrong. PS I have a jeep too!

Kenny

What is the deal with all the bad guys down there driving Jeep Cherokees - the prior events earlier in the year all involved Jeep Cherokees - when we started going to RP after the earlier events we looked out for Jeeps and noticed that there seems to be an unnaturally high percentage of them between Sonoyta and RP.
I can tell you since I've been driving one down for about the last 10 years that the Cherokee has always been popular there; but for the past few years, I don't get the feeling there checking it out because it looks good, but rather to see if they have to duck or not, and who's driving it.

Jim

I very recently bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee here in Penasco. I guess that I never noticed them before but since I got mine it seems like every other vehicle here is a jeep. I guess that is bad if people are going to shoot at me but definitely good if I ever need parts...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yeah Jim, you know what JEEP stands for, "Just Empty Every Pocket" or Just Enough Extra Parts". LOL! Ask me how I know!

See Jim, this is what I was talking about, LOL.......but it was something in particular about red ones. After the incidents Senor Pescado is referring to, we started noticing more and more of them also.