Ultra Low Diesel Fuel or Pemex UBA Diesel in Puerto Penasco?

badfish

So I'm taking the 62 views as a "no" on the ULDF in PP. Has any one here that has a 2007 or newer diesel had any problems running a tank or two of Mexicos diesel through their truck?

YumaJames

Have a 2015 Ford 250 Diesel (recommend low sulfur diesel) and have filled up many up a times in Rocky Point and have never had problems.

James , I talked to a couple of ford guys including a service writer who said if it plugs something up in the exhaust its from not using ulsd diesel. He also said it voids your warranty, so if your over 100 thousand I guess it doesn"t really matter. I only have 10 thousand on the same truck and put aux. fuel tank in the bed. Leigh

So I'm taking the 62 views as a "no" on the ULDF in PP. Has any one here that has a 2007 or newer diesel had any problems running a tank or two of Mexicos diesel through their truck?
No ultra low sulphur diesel that I know of. Why would they do that? HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!

YumaJames

James , I talked to a couple of ford guys including a service writer who said if it plugs something up in the exhaust its from not using ulsd diesel. He also said it voids your warranty, so if your over 100 thousand I guess it doesn"t really matter. I only have 10 thousand on the same truck and put aux. fuel tank in the bed. Leigh
You raise a good point Leigh and make me wanna do a little research into it. I bought a new 2015 Ford 250 6.2 L diesel at the Ford dealer in Yuma last year, and asked the service desk if it was OK to use the diesel in Mexico. They said, off the record, it was no problem if I ran an odd tank here and there, just don't use it all the time. I've filled up many times in Mexico and the trucks seems to run fine. Read a few articles about it online, and like you stated, it appears to be mostly an emissions issue.

Last edited:

JimMcG

You raise a good point Leigh and make me wanna do a little research into it. I bought a new 2015 Ford 250 6.2 L diesel at the Ford dealer in Yuma last year, and asked the service desk if it was OK to use the diesel in Mexico. They said, off the record, it was no problem if I ran an odd tank here and there, just don't use it all the time. I've filled up many times in Mexico and the trucks seems to run fine. Read a few articles about it online, and like you stated, it appears to be mostly an emissions issue.
Good news and a little bad news also.
http://www.mexicorvforums.com/diesel.php

Let me know how that works. I'm just a little hesitant with doing it as I've had warranty issue with ford . I figured just easier to put aux. tank in. Thanks Leigh

To me not worth the chance. As we stay for an average of 4 weeks at a time I added a 100 gal tank and a pump that I keep in the truck box. I pump as needed and it is no big deal. $ 300.00 bucks for insurance, no brainer for me.