unfinished projects

Landshark

Hijack...
No but we really have go looking for hidden nazi and jap weapons stashes.
Sounds like great fun, really cool when you actually find what your looking for. It's a lot better if you have a basic idea it exists and about where. Found this a few years back after hunting the better part of a day. Just before I found it I heard a hollow sound under the faint trail I was following. Knew I was close...
Gun.jpg

Attachments

Hijack...

Sounds like great fun, really cool when you actually find what your looking for. It's a lot better if you have a basic idea it exists and about where. Found this a few years back after hunting the better part of a day. Just before I found it I heard a hollow sound under the faint trail I was following. Knew I was close...
View attachment 7224
Them some big fishing lures.

marybna

The last time I was down I talked to someone I know that bought at Harbor. The unfinished metal thing going into Old Port. He told me that Gus Brown was going to finish Esmeralda before the dock is done. I do know that a lot of projects in San Carlos did get finished with help from the government, But we have so many in Penasco. I bought a house at the Villages in Los Conchos and the developer used my money to finish other house. Never started mine and is nowhere to be found. Phase 3 at Las Palomas and Diamond Village do not look good for all these new tourist coming to town.

It's called cash flow management with other peoples cash.

That seems the way it is done in Mexico, when I built my house 20 years ago every time I gave the developer a payment,
I saw work progress on other projects he was building. I finally told him after giving him 30% of the total, no more money
until I see the walls up. 4 weeks later they were up.

When I spoke with a neighbor who was starting his house a few months after mine and his down payment enabled my walls to go up.
Surprisingly the developer finished all the projects but it took 2x as long as he promised.

The Esmeralda getting finished, :rolleyes: That's a good one, the last trip down, the 2 cranes we no longer part of the Sandy Beach skyline.
Casa Blanca is the other unfinished SBR project and that cash flow enabled the Esmeralda to get to it's current state of completion.
It didn't seem like any work was being done on that project.

I do hope that the semi completed projects get finished and the rusting skeletons get torn down.

JimMcG

Sadly, these rusting, skeletal monuments to Mexican, econonomic failures will not be finished/demolished/resolved until the movers and shakers at the highest levels, recognize that they will continue to be an insurmountable impediment to their future bottom lines. It traditionally has taken a long time and the direct participation of the political/judicial system before any remedies are achieved, but has been accomplished in other Mexican beach areas.

Was down this weekend and noticed that the unfinished Palomas building looked to have been painted on on side and it looked like they may have had some new work going on. All smoke and mirrors maybe just to pretty up the rust, or is there some tangible new development?

jerry

You would have to be crazy to buy now..... the thing is sometimes crazy wins bigly as Putin's friend has shown us...

Was down this past weekend, and was told by a source that Esmeralda has been sold. Supposedly they will complete previously sold or started units first. Also, same people negotiating to get casa Blanca and complete.
Anyone heard anything on this?

ernesto

Wait 'til the cash calls start coming in. I wouldn't give 'em one thin dime until the condo was completed. Fool me once....

Landshark

Questionable time to start major gringo-funded real estate projects. Trump & Nieto pissed at each other, the wall, Mexico trade war looming.......
Gotta wonder what the hustlers are really thinking.

Yeah, seemed strange to me too when I drove past Palomas, maybe I was just imagining it. I should've snapped a picture, maybe someone else can when they have a chance. I assume if there *is* work going on its probably just to make it slightly less of an eyesore...

At least on the bright side, we went to Casa de Capitan and the new road up is almost done- and they used hydraulic concrete- looks great. The smaller scale public works improvements that have been going on are definitely nice...

Last edited: