USA World Cup

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I dont drink too much beer I like agua de cholla and its 4 bux a glass but with the patio view over the ocean it is worth it to me and my lovely wife

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
It's water........a little vodka.......and a lot of ice. It was named that after my friend that owns JJ's introduced it some 30 years ago. Evryone thought he was drinking plain water and the bartenders would say, "yes it is water - agua de cholla"

fasteddy

I guess I'm kind of a "Luckys" guy. $10 for a bucket of Sol (5 bottles) and an order of the steamed clams for $8.
Going to be there Wed. thru Monday. Hoping USA makes it through tomorrow as I would like to catch a
match down there. Looks like Mexico caught an unlucky break in their match, was really hoping they would win
so I could watch them play with some of the locals, can't imagine how intense that would be

mis2810

I guess I'm kind of a "Luckys" guy. $10 for a bucket of Sol (5 bottles) and an order of the steamed clams for $8.
Going to be there Wed. thru Monday. Hoping USA makes it through tomorrow as I would like to catch a
match down there. Looks like Mexico caught an unlucky break in their match, was really hoping they would win
so I could watch them play with some of the locals, can't imagine how intense that would be
We were in our condo yesterday during the Mexico game. There wasn't one vendor on the beach. I was taking the garbage out when Mexico scored their goal and I swear all the buildings on Sandy Beach erupted into screams and yells so loud I think they brought Macho Prieto back from the dead. People were hanging Mexican flags out of their balconies as far as the eye could see! It was pretty cool. But then, when the Netherlands scored you could hear the collective "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!" Very sad.

fasteddy

I saw the last two goals the Netherlands scored and it was sad. I really hoped to be downtown on July 5th cheering on the Mexico team and then doing the same for the USA game. What a fun day that would have been. Hoping the USA can still advance but not too confident...

playaperro

El Pirata
Olé, Olé, Olé, Nice I think I'll be down, who has this special if you don't mind me asking?

BootNHat

It is so funny seeing all the news outlets praising Tim Howard for having the most saves in World Cup history. That is the same as an award to a hospital in Chicago for treatment of the most gun shot wounds in a week. Award means having the worst defensive team in history.

ben21

Award means having the worst defensive team in history.
Not true at all. The US played an open style to try to get goals. Inevitably this will lead to a ton of shots when playing against a team that is more talented. The other option was to put 10 players behind the ball will the goal of just trying to stop them from scoring. Of course then people would have been complaining about how boring the game was...