Vegan?

JulieArtist

Is there a chance in hell that a vegan could find a place that would even know what being a vegan means, and could make a dish for one? (Not a vegetarian) It might be nice to be able to go out once in a blue moon, you know....

playaperro

El Pirata
Is there a chance in hell that a vegan could find a place that would even know what being a vegan means, and could make a dish for one? (Not a vegetarian) It might be nice to be able to go out once in a blue moon, you know....
Yummi salads and pizza at al capone.

JulieArtist

Yummi salads and pizza at al capone.
Pizza is not vegan. (Unless they use vegan cheese?) Vegans do not consume anything that comes from an animal, including dairy, eggs, honey, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. So, therein lies the problem. Most people think vegan and vegetarian are interchangeable-but they aren't. Also, as you can imagine, eating salads nonstop gets boring, thus the inquiry. Maybe some places make something that can be modified?

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Pizza is not vegan. (Unless they use vegan cheese?) Vegans do not consume anything that comes from an animal, including dairy, eggs, honey, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. So, therein lies the problem. Most people think vegan and vegetarian are interchangeable-but they aren't. Also, as you can imagine, eating salads nonstop gets boring, thus the inquiry. Maybe some places make something that can be modified?
I've eaten at Capones and many pizza places. "Hold the cheese." And my comment in an earlier thread mentioned Casa del Capitan, which happens to serve non-lard beans / rice / tortillas. I suppose there might be other such places in town. I believe Friendly Dolphin offers that as well. Someone mentioned Mickey's. I've wanted to -- but have yet -- to stop an Yummi salads (which I think also serves sandwiches which could be veganized).

playaperro

El Pirata
Your preaching to the choir.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I have taken things to a new level when it comes to food. I have been refusing to consume anything coming fr0m ANY LIVING BEING after deciding that plants have a life too. Anything in plastic is fair game.Seems unfair to suggest brutalizing plants exclusively. Carrots are particularly sensitive given their history of sexual abuse. The good news is that I have gone back to my original long term weight. Defecating has become a problem though.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
I have taken things to a new level when it comes to food. I have been refusing to consume anything coming fr0m ANY LIVING BEING after deciding that plants have a life too. Anything in plastic is fair game.Seems unfair to suggest brutalizing plants exclusively. Carrots are particularly sensitive given their history of sexual abuse. The good news is that I have gone back to my original long term weight. Defecating has become a problem though.
I had wondered -- after having exposed the vegan thing against my better judgment -- why it took so long for the wise cracks to appear . . . :cool:

GV Jack

Snorin God
Uh Oh...As I recall Vino comes from plants.