Vegas flights

mermaid

Flights are suppose to start tomorrow. Any idea if there will be any big party, celebration, press coverage, etc.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
. . . and if anyone will be on board? (Just wondering how that'll pan out, at these prices.)
How much lower for a round trip ticket should it be? Below is a price for a flight next week...
Thursday June 27, Vegas to Penasco
Sunday June 30, Penasco to Vegas
$279.25 total ($197 base without taxes).

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
We will be at the airport today as will RP360. Expect a lot of press to start flowing today around noon.

Kea

Well Known Member
So, were there any passengers? Either from Hermosillo or Vegas? Anybody boarding from Peñasco?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I think they told me 36 from Hermosillo to Penasco and I talked to a couple that were flying to Vegas from Penasco so in short, yes and yes. It was cool to be there today! Lots of energy!

Kea

Well Known Member
I'm hoping my family will be passengers in August! (Yes, in the heat of August - it will feel like home!)

jerry

Well Known Member
They might think about fixing that big pothole just before KM marker 2 headed toward airport.They seemed to have sprayed something on the road to make it blacker rather than fix the potholes.Now you cannot see them until it is too late.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
"The First Flight has Arrived and bookings can be made on the AeroMexico website. The Presidente de Puerto Penasco: Mayor Gerardo Figueroa Zazueta has opened the welcoming of the first Commercial Flight at the new International Airport. Chef Neftali (2013 Iron Chef Winner) prepared snacks for the event. History has been made today and Puerto Peñasco has been placed on the maps of the international travel scene."
With the cruise-line delay, it will be interesting to see if current tourism alone can support these costly flights long term.

Roberto

Well Known Member
With the cruise-line delay, it will be interesting to see if current tourism alone can support these costly flights long term.
Both of these events should be good for Penasco in the long run,but will provide little support for local businesses in the short run. The home port having the most hype. Hopefully some jobs for locals but most US passengers at least, will arrive on a scheduled chartered bus and leave the same way, not spending much time or money in Penasco. That's my guess anyway. Probably more support from Mexican Nationals.

Roberto

Well Known Member
They might think about fixing that big pothole just before KM marker 2 headed toward airport.They seemed to have sprayed something on the road to make it blacker rather than fix the potholes.Now you cannot see them until it is too late.
Just made a run to Caborca and yes that part of the highway is 40MPH. All the crazies were passing me.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Cruise line delay, ? Tell me more.

..... Funny,... Word was in was scheduled for 2003... Ten years later this still is just a slide forward in time. No logic in this from my eyes. The airport is the first need before any dream of a port. That result will be known in 12 months. The first flights are press related, real demand is seen 6 months later.
Well, I may have been convinced of a delay from hearsay on the thread: "Cruise ships (any new info)" But more recent comments there suggest that things are still on track.