vehicle safety in Cholla bay .

badfish

I almost feel stupid asking this question but I feel I have to ask . We will be staying in Cholla bay this month for the January Jam . Our rental home does not have a garage. Is there a high vehicle theft rate for Cholla bay? Both of the vehicles that we are taking have alarms . But I am worried that they might get broken into or stolen when we are not at the house . We have never stayed in Cholla bay before .

I have never had a problem there. If you leave it open with a laptop on the seat, that's a different story.

Rick
Cholla Bay

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yeah, leave it armed, open the door, cover your ears(LOL), start the car and try to drive away. You won't get further than what gas is in the injectors....10 or 15 feet, half a block at best. Or, you could pull your starter cable and take it with you...

Yeah, I'm going to my new PCP MOnday. I need to get better....

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I almost feel stupid asking this question but I feel I have to ask . We will be staying in Cholla bay this month for the January Jam . Our rental home does not have a garage. Is there a high vehicle theft rate for Cholla bay? Both of the vehicles that we are taking have alarms . But I am worried that they might get broken into or stolen when we are not at the house . We have never stayed in Cholla bay before .
I would venture to say that your truck is as safe or safer than anywhere else in Rocky Point. Cholla Bay is a tight knit community and very quiet. On a busy weekend like January Jam, most of the traffic is concentrated around JJ's obviously and only 5% of the total houses are near JJ's. You'll find that Cholla Bay is very secluded because of the almost confusing streets configuration. You could be staying in a house a couple of streets to the south of JJ's near Pinto Point, 4 Aces, Pelican Point and hardly know anything was happening at JJ's. I think you will enjoy your stay in Cholla Bay and find that is very safe and secure.

ChollaBay4Life

Roberto

Since there is only one way in and out via road I would guess car theft is very seldom there. Only one avenue of escape for the thieves. Now I guess they might try to float it out !!

The police in Cholla are very active in their patrols, but if they are patrolling there isn't anyone at the police station at the entrance (lately). Since Cholla is 6-7 miles out from RP that makes it easier to steal and do other things in RP, Cholla's one way in and out does seem to help. I know of a jeep that was taken at 4AM a few years back, the Police stationed there, weren't on duty that night.

badfish

Since there is only one way in and out via road I would guess car theft is very seldom there. Only one avenue of escape for the thieves. Now I guess they might try to float it out !!
Well i better see if i have water damage coverage!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
The police in Cholla are very active in their patrols, but if they are patrolling there isn't anyone at the police station at the entrance (lately). Since Cholla is 6-7 miles out from RP that makes it easier to steal and do other things in RP, Cholla's one way in and out does seem to help. I know of a jeep that was taken at 4AM a few years back, the Police stationed there, weren't on duty that night.

I'm pretty sure it was a certain individual's son that was heading some car thefts a number of years ago with the help of the CB police. This individual may or may not own a certain eatery in CB. This was 4 or 5 years ago now and that "ring" was busted and I haven't heard of any noise on the home front in a while.

Lots of rumors about the police and a few Cholla locals, the amount of break-ins have decreased since that group were rounded up. I probably know who you are referring to. When I drive around with one of my Cholla friends, he will usually let me know which police are banditos when we drive by them. LOL! Word spreads quickly in Cholla.