Verizon service on Playa Encanto

I know this has been talked about a lot but I can't find a recent answer to this specific question so I appreciate if any one has recent intel.
Can I get Verizon cell phone service on Playa Encanto?
It sounds like I can in town for sure and I'd just have to pay roaming charges and turn off text messaging.
I just need it to check in with my company every day. Thanks.

Our Verizon phones get service in town and on the road to Playa Encanto, but we don't have service once we arrive at the beach. We stay at a friend's house on the less populated end of the beach, before you get to the guard house, so maybe someone can weigh in as to whether there is service when you are closer to the main area of Playa Encanto. Text messaging works for us in town and on the main roads. I believe the rate when we were there in March was .50 a text, but make sure to turn off your other data services to avoid excessive fees. We usually get a "Welcome to Mexico" text from Verizon stating the current rates for phone service and text messages when we get a few miles away from RP.

Barb

SeaSwell

Headin' to the Bezch
Our Verizon phones get service in town and on the road to Playa Encanto, but we don't have service once we arrive at the beach. We stay at a friend's house on the less populated end of the beach, before you get to the guard house, so maybe someone can weigh in as to whether there is service when you are closer to the main area of Playa Encanto. Text messaging works for us in town and on the main roads. I believe the rate when we were there in March was .50 a text, but make sure to turn off your other data services to avoid excessive fees. We usually get a "Welcome to Mexico" text from Verizon stating the current rates for phone service and text messages when we get a few miles away from RP.

Barb
I know this has been talked about a lot but I can't find a recent answer to this specific question so I appreciate if any one has recent intel.
It sounds like I can in town for sure and I'd just have to pay roaming charges and turn off text messaging.
We get service on the far side next to la
We are on the far side of Playa Encanto on the hill beside La Jolla and we do get service most of the time. I think text messaging is 50cents each. We have a landline , but use the verizon when necessary .

What I'm always told by Verizon is shut the phone down, pull the battery for a minute, and re- install. Then it re looks for a strong signal. Most of the time that will get you another tower. Unless there really is no or weak signal.

dd

FYI, the guy we rent from said we can get service if we walk to the top of the hill, but not down on the beach.

Any others have experience with Verizon service? I talked to a rep today and they actually provided me a map. Looks like it covers quite a bit.

Here's a link. You can zoom in and see that 4g coverage is very good.

http://verizon.cellmaps.com/?c=MX

Also, it's only $15.00 for 1000 minutes of voice. Txt is $0.50 per recipient and $.05 per message. So if I sent one message to two different people, it would cost me $1.10.
10 messages to one recipient would be $1.00.--- $0.50 for the person, 10 X $.05. Not too bad, I just don't necessarily trust the info. I would rather hear it first hand from
actual users.

Thanks