Water bugs??

Labor day weekend, while swimming at Las Conchas, we kept getting these little black bugs biting us in the water. The bites almost felt like with electric shocks and the bugs were no bigger then fleas.

Anybody know what these were??

Funny, I had the same feeling when I went a few weeks before that when people were saying that the jellyfish would be coming in. Of course, I looked down, no jellyfish were to be found, and the "stinging" feeling went away fairly quickly. But it was exactly as you described, like a shock. My friend thought it was all in my head...I couldn't even find a minnow to blame!

A

azbeachboy

I was asking Seadweller about this last weekend. My little bugs were off white and looked like rolly polly bugs. They had a lot of legs and were hanging out in all the seaweed. They didn't hurt but it was weird.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
I was asking Seadweller about this last weekend. My little bugs were off white and looked like rolly polly bugs. They had a lot of legs and were hanging out in all the seaweed. They didn't hurt but it was weird.

Aaaarggghh! Biting bugs and beaked squids. I'm with LadyJeeper...nightmares tonight. Probably Stuart's scenario.