Water Pump Install Recommendation?

ADR

I have a water pump that goes inside an in-ground cistern (water tank) that died last week.
I have tracked down the part, after several days and many phone calls, and it will be in Penasco Saturday morning,
but my usual handyman Francisco who took the old part out, is in Mexicali until next week.
Can anyone recommend someone local that may be able to replace it for me this Saturday? 7/7/2012?
This is the part.
Bomba Sumergible Marca Espa Modelo ACUARIA07N-3/1115 A

Roberto

I am curous why you have a submersible pump in what I assume is a domestic water tank set up. We used them in deep wells in NM as they are good 'pusher' pumps as opposed to the typical surface shalloow well suction type pump used around town? The pumps I see on homes here are way overkill for the type of system used anyway.

ADR

This is not a bad choice, only a different one, Good luck getting it fix`ed,shouldnt be a big job.
Thanks, hopefully someone can do it, sucks not having running water.

I use a 12 volt (you can get 120 volt ) Shurflo RV pump. Water tank is 6 foot deep and the pump is 30 feet away in the garage and it works fine. 3/4" PVC line. I don't even have a pressure tank.

Classic Series Water Pump - SHURflo
I could, but unfortunately I already purchased the replacement. It is overkill, but it is the way the builder designed it for some reason. It's a poor design, because I can't use city water with low flow, without the pump, we have zero running water. It is all or nothing.

I am curous why you have a submersible pump in what I assume is a domestic water tank set up. We used them in deep wells in NM as they are good 'pusher' pumps as opposed to the typical surface shalloow well suction type pump used around town? The pumps I see on homes here are way overkill for the type of system used anyway.
No idea, Its what the builder of the units decided to use. Worked great for 6 years, and then just stopped.
I could probably get a different setup, but I originally thought replacing this with the same unit would be a breeze, until I started getting 8000+ peso quotes.

I have a Shurflo 120v pump (Model# 2088-594-154, 3.5gph) with a pressure tank. (WaterWorker HT-14HB Horizontal Pressure Well Tank,
14-Gallon Capacity) Works great, very quiet. Pump was $85 and tank was $120 on Amazon. It will last for years.

playaperro

El Pirata
I have a Shurflo 120v pump (Model# 2088-594-154, 3.5gph) with a pressure tank. (WaterWorker HT-14HB Horizontal Pressure Well Tank,
14-Gallon Capacity) Works great, very quiet. Pump was $85 and tank was $120 on Amazon. It will last for years.
How many showers in your house and people using them at the same time?

playaperro

El Pirata
I have a water pump that goes inside an in-ground cistern (water tank) that died last week.
I have tracked down the part, after several days and many phone calls, and it will be in Penasco Saturday morning,
but my usual handyman Francisco who took the old part out, is in Mexicali until next week.
Can anyone recommend someone local that may be able to replace it for me this Saturday? 7/7/2012?
This is the part.
This handyman wouldn't happen to be Francisco Hernandez Mandujano?

playaperro

El Pirata
This is the part.
Bomba Sumergible Marca Espa Modelo ACUARIA07N-3/1115 A
It is Francisco Hernandez Mandujano JAJA, now you know why you will never get that rotten dirty smell out of your hot water!

Playa, I have 2 showers, the pump will work ok, but I also have a 1hp well pump for when I need more flow on the system.
I use it when the whole family is down 6 people plus friends.
The Shurflo handles 90% of all my needs. I live in Cholla with tanks so having a lower flow is better for me and
my limited water supply.

Roberto

This little pump is more than adequate to run a 2 or 3 bath house. Complete with tank and pressure regulator, 110V. The tank is small but that just means th pump will run longer on demand, fine for an occasional use home I like the stainless pump head as the water here in Penasco is very corrosive. I bought some of the plastic head ones but they did not hold up well in an outside environment.

Has anyone else had the experience of those "pot metal" zinc alloy water shut off valves just disintegrating over time? The water here seems to just dissolve them !!

I have only had mine for 2 years so far.
Other than this pump being noisey they work great, Harbor Freight has them on sale for $99 sometimes.
I have friends with some of the $400-700 jaccuzi units but they only last 5-7 years so if you only get 3 years you are money ahead.

I have 2 of the older models with the smaller braided hose design, (inside hoses are really cheap quality).
If the hose leaks, trim off the crimped metal around the hose and you have a 7/16-1/2 inch barbed hose connection that you
can put a re-inforced hose on with clamps, easy fix. The newer style looks like it has a better quality hose.