water shortage

Roberto

People , I have heard anyway, are stealing water from neighboring homes that are vacant .. Just hook up a hose and hope the circuit breaker to the pump is not off !!

I would mount a pump to suck water from the city supply line and into the tank so you get more water when it is available. When they shut the supply there is lots of water in the lines. I have one tank very low from the street and water runs in there after there is no pressure at the street, effectively draining water from the lines. A pump would scavenge that water to your benefit. Cheap and easy. I would also install an additional water tank. This problem is not going to go away quickly.

Landshark

Sounds like water wars in the making! Seriously, I hope this gets resolved soon before there are bigger problems. Stealing from your neighbors will get ugly real quick.

I have come to my Miramar house and found a hose and extension cord running to the F-----ing rental house next door. I made sure this can never happen again. There is a guy in Miramar who installed his own solar powered
desalination plant. The system is small and produces enough clean water to keep two houses topped off (as I understand it the system cannot keep up with daily usage but with large tanks it is able to top off the tanks at night and the tanks are full in the morning or upon his arrival).

Landshark

A homeowner in Encanto has one too except it runs off CFE power. Says it works great and other than periodic filter changes like a RO system it is low maintenance. He will build and install a personal system, been awhile but I think about 12K.

jerry

I have come to my Miramar house and found a hose and extension cord running to the F-----ing rental house next door. I made sure this can never happen again. There is a guy in Miramar who installed his own solar powered
desalination plant. The system is small and produces enough clean water to keep two houses topped off (as I understand it the system cannot keep up with daily usage but with large tanks it is able to top off the tanks at night and the tanks are full in the morning or upon his arrival).
Everyone with a stinking rental house next door shares your pain...found renters syphoning my ATV gas once

Roberto

Lots of flow at 9 last night but none this morning. In Unconscious there are several different sections so some may have water while others do not.

I seem to recall that one must have a permit from some Mex. federal agency to operate a desal plant /??

ernesto

Thanks for the update,I have 3 tanks but 10 people coming this weekend. I upgraded years ago when we had similar issues, nothing said by the hoa in LC, they usually update when there are problems. Tanks alot Senor!

Roberto

Landshark

Ja ja ja ja. That never happened and I have not been able to determine what did happen. Monies were collected, allegations made and money paid was partially refunded. Prolly someone else on the forum can speak more clearly to the issue. Tends to be a touchy one.
Too bad it didn't work out. It could have been a shining example of the future of RP. Something that other subdivisions could have copied, as well as the city itself. I hope the concept hasn't been abandoned and is still being pursued. Desal is the future and the future is now.

AZRob

Ja ja ja ja. That never happened and I have not been able to determine what did happen. Monies were collected, allegations made and money paid was partially refunded. Prolly someone else on the forum can speak more clearly to the issue. Tends to be a touchy one.
They used the money to buy pvc pipe, glue and couplers. The rest went into the cruse ship dock. They voted and thought that was more important than clean water.