Weird internet "issue"

tndr_cpl

So we finally got our new house in Playa Encanto. I signed up for satellite internet. The previous owners had a microwave link. Yesterday two guys show up, ask for me by name and say they are here to install my internet. They play with the microwave system a bit and I got internet. Today I find out they were not the company I had asked for and they were not for Miguel either. I paid them $250 for the install which is what I had agreed to ahead of time but that was for a satellite system. I have no idea who these guys were but they left a phone number which I called and it is a local medical clinic They left an email of megalineet@gmail. Does anyone have any idea who these guys might have been. I am guessing I am out $250with a lesson learned.

TICO-T

Well Known Member
So we finally got our new house in Playa Encanto. I signed up for satellite internet. The previous owners had a microwave link. Yesterday two guys show up, ask for me by name and say they are here to install my internet. They play with the microwave system a bit and I got internet. Today I find out they were not the company I had asked for and they were not for Miguel either. I paid them $250 for the install which is what I had agreed to ahead of time but that was for a satellite system. I have no idea who these guys were but they left a phone number which I called and it is a local medical clinic They left an email of megalineet@gmail. Does anyone have any idea who these guys might have been. I am guessing I am out $250with a lesson learned.
Nobody has problems anymore. Only "issues". Good luck with this.

tndr_cpl

Yes we did. We have VIASAT satellite internet. To make a long story short I asked the guards to let the internet installers in and there was a misunderstanding and they thought I wanted to find someone for internet. They went way above and beyond in trying to help and contacted someone, only in this case I didn't make sure they understood what I wanted so I ended up with 2 different companies coming to install internet. The "wrong" one came first and brilliant here assumed they were the company I had already contacted and the adventure went from there, but all is good now :)