We're home!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
What a nice weekend! We missed T-day dinner at Chuck's but had delicious shrimp tacos with Joester and company, AzBeachBoy and Val and Woodspinner and Edna yesterday. Them tacos were Deeelish and the size of a hubcap! You could only eat one! Thanks Teri, you rock and you are a good cook! We also went out to La Pinta for some beach time. I can't believe that in all my 46 years in Penasco, I had never been there. It was great! And, finally, I went to the Bodega for the first time. They have an apartment size gas stove for 175. Does anybody know if I can bring it back to the states without paying tax or whatever? Are there safety standard issues? Any input would be appreciated!

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
What a nice weekend! We missed T-day dinner at Chuck's but had delicious shrimp tacos with Joester and company, AzBeachBoy and Val and Woodspinner and Edna yesterday. Them tacos were Deeelish and the size of a hubcap! You could only eat one! Thanks Teri, you rock and you are a good cook! We also went out to La Pinta for some beach time. I can't believe that in all my 46 years in Penasco, I had never been there. It was great! And, finally, I went to the Bodega for the first time. They have an apartment size gas stove for 175. Does anybody know if I can bring it back to the states without paying tax or whatever? Are there safety standard issues? Any input would be appreciated!
Lj, you can cross the stove, with no tax. However, when you light the oven be suited up, saftey goggles, hair tied back and a fireproof top or you will be sorry.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Well, actually, I am already on propane here at home. I live in a made over 2 car garage and have a 25 gallon propane tank. I only use it for cooking, my hot water heater is electric. I wouldn't have an electric stove for nothing! I hate trying to cook on them things! Either it burns or it takes forever......I had already thought that I wouldn't have to change the orifices when I got home with it...... Looks like I scored all around! Whoopee!

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Well, actually, I am already on propane here at home. I live in a made over 2 car garage and have a 25 gallon propane tank. I only use it for cooking, my hot water heater is electric. I wouldn't have an electric stove for nothing! I hate trying to cook on them things! Either it burns or it takes forever......I had already thought that I wouldn't have to change the orifices when I got home with it...... Looks like I scored all around! Whoopee!
Try, some other stores first, I am sure you will find one a little cheaper.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
The Bodega's price for the same frig was $40 less than the store on Constitution (can never remember the name) this past weekend.....BTW...I got 14.12 pesos/dollar exchange at the Bodega on Saturday! Almost went back in the store to buy a small item and break a $100 bill!

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Nope...not Coppel...they are super overpriced! It's the appliance store on Constitution about 1 block north after you turn off Benito Juarez towards Super Ley...

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Never noticed that one...
It's just past the bus terminal on the left side heading north towards Super Ley....the name has been posted on here before....I just can't remember it. Before the Bodega, it had the lowest prices I found in town...competitive or even lower than prices for the same item in the states....and they deliver, whereas at the Bodega, they don't. When it was $20 less at the Bodega for a frig, it was worth it to pay the extra for the delivery! At $40...you're getting into "real" money!