What can a real estate agent and broker require you to sign in a real estate deal?

C

castillojones

I am in escrow on some property in which the seller and his real estate agent were not very forthcoming in their disclosure statements. Through a third party I found out some things about the property that are detriments (such as occassional flooding) but I am willing to overlook them and still purchase the property. I have released all my contingencies and we have a close date set.

My real estate agent happened to tell the seller's real estate agent that we found out some of these things on the property - most importantly about the flooding - and now the selling real estate agent wants me to sign a bunch of documents listing out what I found out as if she had told me about them. I don't want to do it - it took considerable effort for me to uncover these issues and I have already signed off on contingencies. I don't think I need to also let her off the hook as if she had disclosed these things to me - she did not. Can the realtor force me to sign these?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
...............Can the realtor force me to sign these?
Your signature in any paperwork must be voluntary, if she is going to force you to sign I will suggest turn around and run as fast as you can away from that real estate agent.
Let me put it this way, write me a check from your check book for 250K and I will twist your arm so you will sign it, that sounds like a loosing proposition on your end!! but look at this from my end now I have a new car thanks to your hard earn money!! and you have a hole in the ground full of water!!

Roberto

[ Can the realtor force me to sign these?[/QUOTE]

What can she do if you don't sign? Try to kill the deal and lose the comission? What a joke.

playaperro

El Pirata
How much earnest money did you have to put down? Does your contract say if you walkaway you will lose your money?

HAPPY

User is currently banned
I am in escrow on some property in which the seller and his real estate agent were not very forthcoming in their disclosure statements. Through a third party I found out some things about the property that are detriments (such as occassional flooding) but I am willing to overlook them and still purchase the property. I have released all my contingencies and we have a close date set.

My real estate agent happened to tell the seller's real estate agent that we found out some of these things on the property - most importantly about the flooding - and now the selling real estate agent wants me to sign a bunch of documents listing out what I found out as if she had told me about them. I don't want to do it - it took considerable effort for me to uncover these issues and I have already signed off on contingencies. I don't think I need to also let her off the hook as if she had disclosed these things to me - she did not. Can the realtor force me to sign these?
``` The best thing to do is ```DROP ``` this deal, & while you are @ it DROP BOTH realtors, ~ ~ ~ go to the title company & tell them you are ```NOT !!! going thru with this deal, ``` and have your list of problems at the ready, & keep a copy for yourself, due to what ```BOTH SCAMING REALTORS, & SELLER ARE TRYING TO PULL,HIDE, on you, these kinds of people sleep in the same bed, and ``` DEMAND```your earnest $$$ back, "FLOODING" ``` BIG, BIG, BIG, RED LITE, ~ ~ ~
``` They, realtors, seller, or title company, ~ ~ ~ CANNOT MAKE YOU SIGN ANYTHING, ~ ~ ~

``` My friend I live for this kind of SHIT, ( catching crooked, slimmy, realtors, sellers, & beating them @ their own game ) I talk from plenty of experience, both residential & commercial, & some were pretty heavy deals, ~ ~ ~ the last ~ ~ ~ TRICK SHOT ~ ~ ~ that tried to get the best of me ended up losing $47,000.00 plus grand, ~~~ I left the realtors, sellers, crying in their milk, & I ended up selling without a realtor, ``` NO COMMISION PAID ! ! ! ~ ~ ~ an EXTRA $47 K'S in MY pocket ! ! !

``` My friend, it's a buyers market, ( sorry to say ) rite now, take your time, look around, ~ ~ ~ & you WILL beat the hell out of this flaky deal, ~ ~ ~

``` If the time comes that you do want out, & they are trying to strong arm you into this deal ~ ~ ~ pm me & I'll show you how to come out on top, ``` If you didn't sign your life away already, ~ ~ ~ & DO NOT GIVE CLOSING FUNDS TO TITLE COMPANY, ! ! !

``` Me Gustan Las Chicas Cochinas ```

Last edited:

cholla

Happy has it pegged on this one. Do not deal with anyone who is not forthright in thier dealings with you.

A

Akon456

I don't believe they can force you to sign them. Discuss with your closing attorney with regards to any liability you may suffer in the future because of these problems. Had you known in advance, you might have offered a lower price, since fixing them in the future will be your cost and not one that you can toss over to the Seller.