What can you bring? What can't you bring?

oooh thanx! The CS store! I don't think I checked there, will do, and also find this Saturday Market. Y Griega? Where's that? again thanx all!

jerry

oooh thanx! The CS store! I don't think I checked there, will do, and also find this Saturday Market. Y Griega? Where's that? again thanx all!
Crossroads town 70 miles South.You go left for Caborca,right Desemboque and the coastal highway.It has a good ,real Saturday market.

azfish

We are bring everything we need and want when we come down this time. Im only going to buy meat and a few things I know the stores have that we want.

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
The solution to this problems is simple:
Buy you stuff HERE ! Forget the shopping and packing before you leave and enjoy you vacation.
NO - NO - NO! How am I supposed to enjoy my vacation if I have to go grocery shopping? That is just wrong.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Luna....To me grocery shopping in RP is an adventure that takes place between my breakfast Bloody Mary and my lunch Tecates.

I really don't care much for the Bodega but enjoy the Super Ley and Santa Fe. I had a nice older Mexican man approach me in
Santa Fe one day and asked me why I wasn't buying rice and Beans. In my broken Spanglish I tried to explain that I do indeed
love rice and beans but I love potatoes more. We had a nice chat and I felt I had met another friend.

Next time down, I'm going to try the new Merced Market off of Calle 13. I'm told they used to have a great butcher and I'm
going to give it a shot.

Try it Luna, it can be fun. I hate shopping for dirty t-shirts and nick nacks so I do this once every visit.

mis2810

Luna....To me grocery shopping in RP is an adventure that takes place between my breakfast Bloody Mary and my lunch Tecates.

I really don't care much for the Bodega but enjoy the Super Ley and Santa Fe. I had a nice older Mexican man approach me in
Santa Fe one day and asked me why I wasn't buying rice and Beans. In my broken Spanglish I tried to explain that I do indeed
love rice and beans but I love potatoes more. We had a nice chat and I felt I had met another friend.

Next time down, I'm going to try the new Merced Market off of Calle 13. I'm told they used to have a great butcher and I'm
going to give it a shot.

Try it Luna, it can be fun. I hate shopping for dirty t-shirts and nick nacks so I do this once every visit.
Hmmmm....what is this new Merced Market and where exactly on Calle 13?

GV Jack

Snorin God
The instructions I have are from the Rocky Point Times.

It is called Frutimer and you get there by taking the first street to the right after the railroad tracks on Calle 13.
There is no street sign there. You go down several blocks and it is on the left. If you get there before I do,
please report what you find out.

A

AZ Miguel

The only time I can see enjoying grocery shopping would be going to Costco and munching on the samples. Going on vacation does not include going grocery shopping. I'm a tourist in the greatest sense when I'm in Mexico, much like the other 90% that visit PP. I arrive, I drink a beer, I unpack, I drink a beer, I look at the Sea of Cortez, I drink a beer, I go for a walk on the beach, I drink a beer, I go for a swim in the pool with my kids, I drink a beer, We drive around looking for a place where I drink a beer, I watch the sunset and....I drink a beer. Where is it that I could go grocery shopping and drink a beer? I might even support the local whores by window shopping.....and having a beer sexy guau guau puerto penasco rocky point sonora mexico sexy - YouTube No touching as you might get something you can't wash off even with a wire brush and beer.

Food shopping - or stoping in at any place in RP - adds so much to my experience and is part of what makes a trip there meaningful and fun (in addition to all the fun described in the post above!). I like both!

azfish

I am not sure what you eat.....but I have lived here for over 8 years and shop locally ALL the time and don't suffer the runs. Your comment sort of sounds derogatory , but I digress. If eating things unfamiliar to you gives you the runs.....don't eat it. Stick to what you know, stay within your comfort zone and all will be fine. (I apologize but your statement offended me)
mexicoruss,

I'm sorry my runs offended you, other peoples runs would offend me to. You've been in RP for 8 years in the first 3 months or sooner you found out whats good/whats not, we are there maybe a week or 2 out of the year, Im not going to waste money, health and time to find out what will agree with us from the shelf, fresh meats and veggies are good.
You never know what's not going to agree with you until you try it, but I'm not going to waste my money buying thing to find out if its going to agree with us. Certain things I know are good and will buy, but I'm here to have fun on the beach not in the head (can) as a lab rat. (I take offense that you would categorize me as a hater of local markets (I'm not).)
Just give none local's a break and don't get so offended so easy, I notice there are a few that are using the I'm a local card on here.

Last edited:

jerry

az fish...just go to Sams Club then...The wines from Chile,the Argentine meats,good produce and a nice roasted chicken for 5 bucks

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess

going to give it a shot.

Sorry but grocery shopping is a chore and something I refuse to do on vacation. I also do not do laundry or clean house (but I do cook a little, hence the suppllies)! Now we have ventured to the stores to pick up something we may have forgotten or ran out of and that is fine.

Vacation to me is not having to be responsible . . . I get enough of that in every day life north of the border. Vacation to me is total and complete R&R! Sleep in late, take a nap, go to bed early? Watch the dolphins play while having morning coffee. Take a nap? Go to the beach or go the pool or both? Take another nap? Hunt for treasures from the sea and play with my big doggie on the beach? Take another nap? Have a drink, or 2, or 3? Read a book? Etc., etc., etc. Get the picture.

BTW . . . I DO enjoy shopping for nick nacks. Of course they are things I do not need but enjoy picking up a little treasure to remind me of Mexico until I am able to return again. We also enjoy occasionally going out to eat, also part of what vacation is to me.

Apparently, we have very different opinions about what a vacation is but as long as we are happy and enjoying ourselves who really cares right?

badfish

When I'm down there I will have to restock my beer supply. We usually plan on hitting up Super Ley on the way back from cholla bay or sandy beach. While I am at Super Ley, we pick up our steaks and what ever else I want to try. Kill two birds with one stone.

jerry

When I'm down there I will have to restock my beer supply. We usually plan on hitting up Super Ley on the way back from cholla bay or sandy beach. While I am at Super Ley, we pick up our steaks and what ever else I want to try. Kill two birds with one stone.
What Does it Mean to "Kill Two Birds With One Stone"?. So "killing two birds with one stone" originally was a insult 16 th century philosophers threw at each other rather than saying "you are full of crap1

Kenny

My idea of shopping in PP is stopping at Reggie's to pick up a some burritos on my way to the fishing hole, wherever that may be.