What ever happened to the Desalination Plant Las Conchas HOA was building in 2008?

MariaC

It is my understanding that the HOA had purchased the desalination equipment and hired a contractor but the system was never completed. Does anyone know why not?

corndog

We pulled 3 permits to build in Las Conchas in late 2006, the fee for each house to the Las Conchas HOA was 11000.00.. it has been 17 years so my memory isn't 100%, I think of the 11000.00, 2000.00 was refunded when the house was finished and the lot left clean.. 5000.00 was for the HOA and 4000.00 was to help finance the Desal unit.. We heard the engineer running the project had run off with the money.. I have no idea if that is true.. that was the excuse we heard..We talked to Arturo after hearing a portion of the money we deposited for the desal would be returned and it was, we received 3900.00 of the 12000.00 destined for the desal...One of the houses had a small add on to one side that was a little over the 1.5 meter set back limit, so they hung on to the 2000.00 dllr clean up deposit.. That's all I know..

You can buy a home sized desalt unit today online for around $15,000.00 ready to run and all that is required is a pickup hose to the beach and power.

Dig a pit in your backyard for the excess brine that will easily seep into the desert sand. You could sell the tasty "organic" pink salt crystals to the libbies that would go totally orgasmic over the "sustainable" no climate change operation......other than the new power grid all the way from the Puerto Liberdad crude oil burning electric generator.

I saw hundreds in use in Saudi Arabia twenty five years ago. The desalt units filled raised thousand gallon poly plastic water tanks on each property non-stop and the overflow was wisely used in home gardens growing Date Palms, citrus trees and grapes. The a-rabs just dumped the brine into the dirt streets kinda like the sewage overflow in PP.

corndog

You can buy a home sized desalt unit today online for around $15,000.00 ready to run and all that is required is a pickup hose to the beach and power.

Dig a pit in your backyard for the excess brine that will easily seep into the desert sand. You could sell the tasty "organic" pink salt crystals to the libbies that would go totally orgasmic over the "sustainable" no climate change operation......other than the new power grid all the way from the Puerto Liberdad crude oil burning electric generator.

I saw hundreds in use in Saudi Arabia twenty five years ago. The desalt units filled raised thousand gallon poly plastic water tanks on each property non-stop and the overflow was wisely used in home gardens growing Date Palms, citrus trees and grapes. The a-rabs just dumped the brine into the dirt streets kinda like the sewage overflow in PP.
Old timers out in Playa Encanto may remember the company Agua Dulce installing systems like JJ is talking about, they were about 16000.00 installed and I beleive they would drill 2 holes on the property, one for water intake and another to dump the brine.. These installations were all illegal, I found out when I went to Caborca to pull a permit to install one myself..

Old55

What ever happed to aka Carnak ? … good guy ahead of his time!

playaperro

El Pirata
What ever happed to aka Carnak ? … good guy ahead of his time!
That was great find Jerry!

Last edited:

joanC

I saw friends installing personal desal plants on their waterfront lots in Las Unconchas at least 20 yrs ago...one 2 inch pipe for below-grade sea water coming in, and a 4 inch tub in another location for the brine returning to the sand.

You can make a desal for as little as $1,000 don't believe and certainly dont pay that $15k, what a rip off with the Cali prices..

Also the mayor doesn't care about water, he will always have water and a Lambo Urus.

Here's the article about the de-sal plant, its when you enter Las Conchas on the left side. Big building with round sloped roof. They spent around 6 million US dollars building it and never used it. Now it sits abandon while the whole town is out of water. Further more the HOA of Las Conchas (Brown Community Management of Mesa AZ) levied an assesment from the current homeowners to build it. Such a money grab.. Maybe this is how the mayor got his Lambo. Either way he is corrupt, AZ is investigating him.. https://www.azleg.gov/press/house/55LEG/2R/221107BLACKMAN.pdf

Don't pay for anything here, its all a money grab!!

I tried to post a photo of the assesment from Las Conchas, but this site just wont allow it. File failed, so go to facebook LC group to learn more! Suprised this site is still alive. NVM I hosted it on another site, enjoy the shotshow.

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata

I agree with you JJ about the sewage it’s bad at times it floods Joséfa and that is a horrible experience going to the super.

I agree with you JJ about the sewage it’s bad at times it floods Joséfa and that is a horrible experience going to the super.
That month of raw sewage flooding Josefa and Fremont was absolutely disgusting. I had to make sure when I went out and came home I had an empty stomach. Otherwise I would be in the parking lot of OXXO tossing my cookies. Then they pumped the liquid shit into the sand flats beside the entrance into Las Conchas. I’m sure a lab test today on the sand would show off the scale high fecal matter. Windy days and airborne sand sounds about right for Mexico.

richwi

A few folks here in Paya Encanto have small desal "plants". The biggest issue I hear is that they are constantly having to do maintenance on them. I know one group of 4 house who shared one recently gave up because it was such a pain.

MariaC

I've spoken with a Mexican Engineer that said since we can't get water in La Choya when we need it we are allowed to install our own desal plant and there's nothing the Mexican Government can do. We just finished day 4 of no water in La Choya so putting one in is looking more like a no brainer. Plan to dig 2 wells so that it all stays on my property.

You do know that there is a fresh water artesian spring right there in Cholla Bay.

Just look for the huge Athel Tamarisk Trees up above the beach east of JJ's. Those trees are probably several hundred years old maybe even planted by the Spanish explorers.

At low tide you can see the fresh water seeping down the beach. That spring was an important stop for old time travelers to include the long gone injuns. It is shown on all of the early maps of the region.

You do know that there is a fresh water artesian spring right there in Cholla Bay.

Just look for the huge Athel Tamarisk Trees up above the beach east of JJ's. Those trees are probably several hundred years old maybe even planted by the Spanish explorers.

At low tide you can see the fresh water seeping down the beach. That spring was an important stop for old time travelers to include the long gone injuns. It is shown on all of the early maps of the region.
Not so sure I would trust the artesian well too much. Every house in Cholla has a rinky dink septic system dumping effluent into the sand. Haven’t you ever seen the cartoon in the middle of the desert with the steers skull next to the so called oasis in the middle of the of the desert.