What is the general difference in sea level for high and low tides?

N

nathanted

I assume (based on general ignorance and forgetfulness) that high and low tides are generally steady in their respective levels and that their absolute levels are cyclical, based on lunar position.
What is the average difference in average high and low tides and what is the absolute difference in the lowest low and the highest high tide?

What is the general speed of tidal change and what is the general flow rate of tides on, either (or both) pacific or atlantic oceans?

ernesto

Kinda reminds me of the old Monty Python bridge of death question: what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
U of a does excellent tide predictions for the upper sea of Cortez. In fact Cedo is now selling the new '11 tide chart. That might be a good resource for you.And for those Python people..what is your favorite color?

Terry C

This is off my web site you can change dates, see highest and lowest tides for a giving time or by the week. Scroll down and do the Prediction options.

Tide Chart

Kinda reminds me of the old Monty Python bridge of death question: what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
U of a does excellent tide predictions for the upper sea of Cortez. In fact Cedo is now selling the new '11 tide chart. That might be a good resource for you.And for those Python people..what is your favorite color?
Is that the Tide Calendar? When I stopped in over Thanksgiving, they still didn't have them in....