Whats the easiest way to renew my FM3 ??

Eric

Can I renew my FM3 myself or do I have to pay the title company or whomever else the $100 fee to renew it for me? My title co said the price to renew it is $175 to the Mexican Govt & a $100 processing fee for the title co.

Can I renew it online or by going direct to a location in Penasco? If so what do I need to bring w/ me in order to renew?

Thanks in advance for any help...

InkaRoads

cronopiador
The immigration? office is located in Benito juarez Blvd., south of the Burger King, you can get the application right there and file it yourself and pay the fee $175, and of course ask for all the necesary paperwork needed to submit with the app., unless the title company guarantees you that it will be done in 2 weeks then pay the $100 otherwise all they will do for you is just handed to the office people just like you would do it, now if you do not read and write in spanish then hopefully they are charging you the $100 to fill it for you, however you will need to be present anyway to give them the information.
Last time I was there it was easy enough for anybody to do it themselves, there has been some changes but I am sure it is still easy enough for anybody to do it.
I believe you can go to the mexican consulate in either PHX or Tucson and get the app too!!
Just my 5 dollars!! (2 cents gets you nowhere now a days!!)

Jim

I just renewed my FM2 and it only took about a week. They have changed from the booklet to a card. Much more convenient and durable. They said that the goal is to get them done the same day. I'll believe that one when I see it but 1 week is much better than the 6 weeks before.

I just renewed my FM2 and it only took about a week. They have changed from the booklet to a card. Much more convenient and durable. They said that the goal is to get them done the same day. I'll believe that one when I see it but 1 week is much better than the 6 weeks before.
You can do it yourself. The reason many people prefer to pay someone else is the convenience of having someone walk you through it and take care of everything, including getting the apostilles from the U.S. The delay that Ed speaks of isn't caused by the FM3 processors, but by the Migration office, as in recentl months they'd been extremely slow in the turn-around time. Back when I had an FM3 (before I claimed my legal status as a Mexican citizen), I paid each year to have someone do it for me even though I speak perfect Spanish and could've done it myself. Of course this was before I had ProAlliance Insurance...we now have someone (Florencia Rivera) in-house who is an immigration expert and handles this for clients (we also process Federal Zone Concessions).

At least once a month we hear horror stories of people who forgot to renew and now owe hundreds of dollars in fines. Also, there is sometimes confusion about the documentation needed. It isn't rocket science, so a person wanting to save himself the $100 bucks can probably figure it out. Good luck. If you decide to go with a "gestor", we're available.

Eric

Thanks for the help.....

I figured since I was only renewing the FM3 it should be simple. My spanish isn't that great but I'm gonna go ahead & go direct to the office on Benito Jaurez myself & save the hundred bucks. It sounds pretty simple...just fill out the FM3 renewal application, pay $175 and thats it. Then a couple of weeks later it's ready to be picked up? or do they mail it to you? Do they just update your existing FM3 booklet or do you get a new booklet?

Rosy, are appostilles required even on a renewal?? I thought that was done only on getting the original FM3..?

I wish this could be done online. I tried to call the PHX Mexican consulate but they don't answer their phones. Maybe Ill drive down there to get a renewal app ahead of time......Thanks again

I only needed the apostilled before I had a mexican bank account. After that I printed out three months of bank statments and I was good. I use Sun Valley and most of the paperwork was done by email. They would notify me each year before the renewal was due. Great people to work with.

Rick
Cholla Bay

playaperro

El Pirata
Seaside charges around $330 bucks and if you are renting you need a tax # and thats like another $45 bucks. I know a couple that did it on their own, they made them runaround for days and in the end they had to open a checking account with like $240. I think you are getting a great rate for $100.00. Support a local let them do the paperwork.

P

Pete

I just renewed my FM3 myself and total cost was $170. Go to the immigration office on the main road into RP, bring your old fm3, your passport, copy of your latest electric bill, your tax id # then fill out the application & your done......EZ......youll pay the $170 at the local bank & bring back proof to the immigration office..Hope that info helped