Where are the best carnicerias or farmers markets?

Roberto

Not 100% sure but I think Merced is closed. Drove by the other day and looked like there was a lot of construction going on in the building. When was the last time you were there Playa?

Playa... It starts due north from Fremont and then swings to the northeast as you head toward Sonoyta.
Here:s the url: hope it works...http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=31.32446,-113.534775&spn=0.060709,0.103168&t=h&z=14&om=1&source=embed
the direction is mostly north/south.....it is/becomes Hwy 8 which heads to the border.....so I have to agree with Playa's post.....much as I hate to!!!:stir:

The old Merced market is on the street that runs by La Curva....at the little roundabout several streets east of it. Haven't been by it in a while.

yola

Last time we were down there tried rib-eyes at the one across from telmex.They looked great but were very grainy and tough. The one by La Curva said we had to buy the whole side that they did not cut for you!

Roberto

The one by La Cuerva is or was a CEDASA outlet. Supplier to some of he restaurants and carnecerias. They used to sell individually frozen steaks but no more.

Last edited:

GV Jack

Snorin God
The one by La Cuerva is or was a CEDASA outlet. Supplier to some of he restaurants and carnecerias. They used to sell individually frozen steaks but no more.
OK, now I'm really confused. I thought the last time I was, but now it's even worse. Is it north or east or ????

The question really is is that CEDASA (Which I thought was Jewish) the same as merced market?

Roberto

OK, now I'm really confused. I thought the last time I was, but now it's even worse. Is it north or east or ????

The question really is is that CEDASA (Which I thought was Jewish) the same as merced market?
Is What North or East? North is North and East is East. CEDASA is not the same as Merced Market.

I just noticed Eduardo posted on another thread that the fruiteria on Sinaloa is not open yet.....they're still constructing the building. Somebody needs to go there and tell them to hurry up.....I need it open by Friday, LOL!!!! Seriously, if it is not open, where is the next best one??

playaperro

El Pirata
There is also a small real clean market off josefa a block west of the old folks home, sorry gv put if you post that map again i can point out the street. Locals shop there and the butchers are very buzy..