Where do the locals go?

I and my family will be in PP in June for the first time. I have always found that going to where the locals go is the place to be. No tourists traps or over priced food and drink. What is the best place in PP with a view and great food for the price but also safe.

Roberto

Mary's Cocteleria in the Malecon for seafood. Right hand side, blue and white building. Yolys no view but it's the real stuff, one block north of Super Ley.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Mary's Cocteleria in the Malecon for seafood. Right hand side, blue and white building. Yolys no view but it's the real stuff, one block north of Super Ley.
I knew it... Yoli's is good and a family of 4 can eat for under 20 dllrs..with drink.. Also on the same street is Dona Alicia also pretty good..

InkaRoads

cronopiador
if you like birria you should go to Birrieria Ahome Sinaloa it is in Simon Morua past Ace and La Cocina de Ramon by about a 1/4 mile, across the street from the school, they open at 6:30 am to around 2 pm I believe everyday, I have been buying from them for about 4 month and I have been waiting, as it is packed all the time, yet to see an american there as it is out of the tourist trap and the food is finger licking good!!!!

Last edited:

mis2810

Birria de chivo o de res? Do you buy it by the pound? Does it come with the consomme also? My husband loves birria de chivo.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
they have a couple of styles, however I do not remember if they have lamb or not and yes you buy it by the pound (una orden) half pound (media orden) and it comes with the delicious consome and the typical sides of cabbage, cilantro, onions and red salsa and corn or flour tortillas

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I and my family will be in PP in June for the first time. I have always found that going to where the locals go is the place to be. No tourists traps or over priced food and drink. What is the best place in PP with a view and great food for the price but also safe.
I always get out of the known areas and drive around and look for the license plates in the parking lot of the restaurant if all mexican REAL GOOD if 50/50 then OK if all are USA licenses I stay away!!!! not necesarily 'cause it is bad just simply 'cause mexican have better taste in food specially in their own country!!

skeet60

For great Tacos it's Taco Brissas on Sinaloa. Never been disappointed and often are the only Norte Americanos in the house.

MIRAMAR

We love Tacos Poblanos on Sinaloa & Ocampo- the other one is off Benito Juarez across from the baseball field.

Hey Todd, since you live in Mesa most of the little Carneceria Mexican stores around town here do those chips loaded with what ever you want. Some just get chamoy but yeah a meal in a bag.
But at the Mills mall on the West stretch near the very south end is a store restaurant that specializes in those bags. They have several chips to choose from and you can get anything including carne asada mixed into them.
There is a line out the doors most days.
I think they have another one at Fiesta Mall that has ice cream and fruit cups as well as the loaded bags too.

Last edited: