Where is the store ...

that was mentioned on here that has a lot of american foods that are hard to find here in RP?
I believe they also carry commercial cookware too.
It is not "The Kitchen Store" on the main road.

Sunshine

El Gato

We were just there today and just missed the last package of sausages (they are the best we've ever eaten) - but I got my butter, English Muffins and pot stickers. They were a little low on some things today (Friday, April 26) - think Michelle said that they have a shipment coming in Monday and another in two weeks.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
No its all things you would need if you had a restaurant. Specialty things. They have frozen lobster, english muffins, bagels, sausages, different kinds of cheeses, pickles. It's all stuff you can get in the states anywhere but for us it is wonderful to have it available locally. No meat counter as Cedasa ( a diffrent store)has the best meat anywhere.

El Gato

No its all things you would need if you had a restaurant. Specialty things. They have frozen lobster, english muffins, bagels, sausages, different kinds of cheeses, pickles. It's all stuff you can get in the states anywhere but for us it is wonderful to have it available locally. No meat counter as Cedasa ( a diffrent store)has the best meat anywhere.
Russ, where is Cedasa? Do they take credit cards? Do they have pot roasts and cube steaks?

Found pistachios at Sams Club other other day and they are great - have been making pigs of ourselves over them :)

tortuga

IMO the better Cedasa meat store is across the street from Rocky Imports. Everything is cut to order and they speak good English and know American cuts. They also have good pork. It is best to buy your meat on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday as they normally get delivery on Wednesday and can run out of some cuts by Sunday.

azfish

IMO the better Cedasa meat store is across the street from Rocky Imports. Everything is cut to order and they speak good English and know American cuts. They also have good pork. It is best to buy your meat on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday as they normally get delivery on Wednesday and can run out of some cuts by Sunday.
Whats the cross streets of this place? Do they sell sea food, and sausage links there to? Is it only a butcher shop.

tortuga

On the northeast corner of Nicolas Bravo and Barrera three blocks east of Benito Juarez. Big TelMex tower across the street. Strickly beef and pork.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Tortuga...I have had mixed results there. About three years ago I bought six rib eyes there and they were probably the best I've ever had.
Went back last year and they were tough and stringy. Same thing this year. One outta three isn't good enough to my way of thinking.

I have tried the other Cedasa and the results were better, but not spectacular like the first ones at the carnaceria.

Has anyone tried the new Merced Market for rib eyes?

Landshark

Tortuga...I have had mixed results there. About three years ago I bought six rib eyes there and they were probably the best I've ever had.
Went back last year and they were tough and stringy. Same thing this year. One outta three isn't good enough to my way of thinking.

I have tried the other Cedasa and the results were better, but not spectacular like the first ones at the carnaceria.

Has anyone tried the new Merced Market for rib eyes?
Jack, have you tried the rib eyes at Super Ley? We got some there 3 weeks ago that were better than we get in AZ at Fry's, Bashas, etc. They were boneless, and very tender and flavorful. The cool part was they were $4.50 a pound, and not on sale, that was the normal price.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Good afternoon Mr. Shark...

No, I have not tried the rib eyes at Super Ley. To be honest, I guess I never thought of it. Silly, old me.
How thick were they cut? Wow...$4.50 a poind is like the good old days. Did you have them cut them for
you or were they in the case?

I will definately give it a shot if I make it back again and still have my teeth. Thanks for the info.

Landshark

Mr Shark??? lol Not real thick but OK for the grill. We just happened to see them in the meat case and picked out a couple of packages. They were so tender you don't need teeth!

Roberto

I buy them there also. Matter of convenience for me. While they are a bit on the thin side, 5/16 or so they are usually cut correctly and thus tender. Would not be surprised if you could get the cutters there to cut some thicker.

El Gato

I buy them there also. Matter of convenience for me. While they are a bit on the thin side, 5/16 or so they are usually cut correctly and thus tender. Would not be surprised if you could get the cutters there to cut some thicker.
We also get them at Super Ley and have enjoyed them - one time I had them cut a thicker steak for me but as my DH likes them thin never bothered again.