Where to launch a kayak

adicted

We are staying at the bella sirena this week coming up and have a kayak there. We are bringing all our fishing gear and was wondering where the best place to drive to and lauch from and have a chance to catch fish. Myself and a 12 yr old.

audsley

Also look into La Pinta estuary. Search this forum for past discussions of La Pinta and corvina fishing. Some good info on how and when to catch corvina (sea trout.) La Pinta is located a half hour south from the highway junction east of Las Conchas and maybe 3 miles or so past Mayan Palace. Turn right at the stone house by the highway, drive straight to the estuary (a mile maybe?) and don't worry about the panga fishermen or the man and dogs watching boats and trailers, they're good guys. And be careful launching because the place is lousy with sting rays. You cannot drag a lure across the bottom of that place without having to remove an 8-inch sand bass from your hook, but you can also catch other stuff. Silver Kastmasters and Crocodiles for corvina. Anything else besides sand bass is largely a matter of luck.

For some reason I haven't been seeing posts from Mexico Joe lately. Don't know if he's serving out a suspension or what, but he'd be the best one to tell you about Cholla Bay.

Kelney

Cholla Bay is close and decent. Launch off Tucson Beach. Go to JJ's and ask if you are not sure where that is. I am bad at Cholla Bay directions so I would get you lost

You can also launch just below JJ and paddle South West out to the rocks. If the wind is blowing from the South East you will have a calm area to fish.
Pelican Point protects this area.
Have fun and enjoy your stay.

We are staying at the bella sirena this week coming up and have a kayak there. We are bringing all our fishing gear and was wondering where the best place to drive to and lauch from and have a chance to catch fish. Myself and a 12 yr old.
How was your kayak fishing experience? I'd like to bring a kayak down next Feb when we stay at Playa Bonita RV Park. Did you need any special registration or licenses? Thanks. Gaylord Ski Bum