Where to shop by the resorts?

badfish

We are staying at the resorts this weekend for only the second time in all of our years coming to RP. Usually I would shop at Super Ley or get beer from Govas.

My question is about where to shop on Sandy beach? We are bringing the majority of our food. I really would only need beer and maybe tequila. Are the prices that much better at Super Ley than the stores on Sandy beach?

badfish

I know there is the Circle out there. I wasn't sure if there is a general store by Changos or by another resort.

mis2810

There are no store on Sandy Beach other than the one Circle K out by the roundabout. Super Ley is the closest grocery store you're going to get. Otherwise just stop on the way in at WalMart.

AZJD

If all you need is quick beer and such, there is a little convenience store next to Wrecked At The Reef.

There is also a Pemex station like a mile away on the new highway from Sandy Beach towards Laguna Del Mar.

AZ ROB

What is wrong with taking an hour out of the day to go into town and supporting the local economy? I found that we enjoy going into town and kinda bumming around and getting our food and drinks at one of the many stores in town. I am always amazed how things change from week to week. And you may find that as I did that the produce and meats are better than what you find at home. And yes if you drink Mexican beer it is cheaper at Ley or Ley express than here in the states. Plus think of all the gas you will save by traveling lighter look at as doing your part for the environment...

GV Jack

Snorin God
Rob, I couldn't agree with you more. I have had a great time shopping at Super Ley and Santa Fe. At the latter I was
stopped by a Mexican gentleman who asked me what I was going to do with the stuff I was buying. I told him i was making
Cowboy Potaoes with jalapeno, green onion, bacon grease and cheese. He said that sounded great. He then asked why no
rice and beans. I said, I get that all the time at home and when I eat out in RP. He laughed, shook hands and said to have
a good stay.

You are right about the beer and also wine is cheaper at Super Ley. I can't wait to get down there to cool off in August. :thumbsup:

mis2810

What is wrong with taking an hour out of the day to go into town and supporting the local economy? I found that we enjoy going into town and kinda bumming around and getting our food and drinks at one of the many stores in town. I am always amazed how things change from week to week. And you may find that as I did that the produce and meats are better than what you find at home. And yes if you drink Mexican beer it is cheaper at Ley or Ley express than here in the states. Plus think of all the gas you will save by traveling lighter look at as doing your part for the environment...
I wanted to say exactly what you said yesterday but was afraid to stir the pot. I'll never understand why anyone would want to bring all their food from home when the food in Mexico is a million times fresher, tastier, and cheaper. I love going to Super Ley. We look forward to it. We always buy our cases of beer at the Corona agencia on Benito Juarez and Constitucion - the guy that works there knows us and greets us like old friends. All those little things add up for me, the yummy pastries and cookies at Super Ley, the fantastic chorizo and eggs we make for breakfast, seeing our friend at the beer store - that's what makes it all feel like coming "home", not just like going on a vacation.

El Gato

We shop at Super Ley all the time. Staff is super nice. As said above, meat, veggies, bread, etc., are great, and usually less expensive then in the States. And I love the small limes (I just recently discovered that I can freeze them - then when I need one either let it sit for a while or pop it into the micro for a few seconds).

The Bodega Aurrera on Benito Juarez as you are coming into town (huge green building on the left) aka the Mexican Walmart has just about everything you could possibly want for your stay. Beer prices are as good as anywhere in town, and there is a great selection of tequila at bargain prices.

Roberto

Visit the Fruiteria on Sinalo for a real local shopping experience and the best, freshest fruits and veggies in town. Family owned and operated. About 3 blocks off Fremont across the RR tracks on the right hand side of the road.

Estero

I second the fruiteria on Sinaloa that Roberto mentioned, it has the best selection of fresh produce, I think. Got fresh unwilted lettuce there on Monday.

Roberto

Fresh friuts and veggies best at Sinaloa, then Santa Fe Market, then Super Ley, then Bodega is the worst. The weight of the stalk on Bodega's brocolli is probably more than the weight of the head !

badfish

AZRob, there is nothing wrong with supporting the local shops. Most of the time we eat out in P.P. We do bring some deli and snacks foforge times we don't want to go out. We have been to Santa Fe and Super Ley several times. We haven't been to the bodega though. I don't like Walmart here so I stay away from it there.

dwig222

The last time we were down there, the Circle K store at the roundabout was shut down. That's where we used to buy our beer. It has been our experience that the little stores at the resorts are very expensive. I know there is one at Princessa, but you have to have a pass to get in. Your best bet is to stop on the way into town and stock up. We go to the Circle K. on the main drag.