Which beach for fireworks?

Roberto

Thinking about setting up the van nearby the best beach with fireworks to watch the free show. Which might be best. Mirador or The Reef. I'm thinking the Reef as there might be more people but..... anyone have an opinion.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
If I were to watch I think the patio at La Casa del Capitan would be the best place. 300 degree views.....

Roberto

There is not one as far as I know. It's the Americans celebrating on the beach setting off the fireworks. They cannot do that at home.

Kenny

Independence Day is an American holiday, just wondering why there is a celebration with fireworks in Mexico?
Ha, back in the day there was a celebration with fireworks most weekends. I remember this one girl from Tucson who had a thing for fireworks and she would buy the best of the best and a lot of them whenever she stayed at the Playa Inn back when it was just 20 rooms. When we saw her we knew there would be one hell of a show out on Sandy beach and a bunch of us would head out from the Inn in a small caravan with her for the show.

There is not one as far as I know. It's the Americans celebrating on the beach setting off the fireworks. They cannot do that at home.
Ok makes sense now. On the 4th we are usually at Lake Powell boat camping , not this year tho :( Even tho its not allowed, the same thing goes on there as well - big time! Its really something to see and hear with all the canyons, the fireworks are very loud, lots of booming and echoing. Fun!

Roberto

They were illegal when I grew up in Pa. but you could still buy them in the Carolinas. Every year several people would take orders and drive down to bring back a load. Loved the cherry bombs! We made legal cannons from a large tobacco tin with a press on lid and carbide used in the miner's lanterns. Gives off an explosive gas when in contact with water. Nail hole in the bottom of the tin, carbide inside, spit on the carbide, put on the lid, close and count to 15 or so with finger over the hole, hold a match at the hole and move finger away, BOOM, the lid blows off.

They were illegal when I grew up in Pa. but you could still buy them in the Carolinas. Every year several people would take orders and drive down to bring back a load.

Know it very well, we used to drive down to the 'south of the border' area and go crazy buying fireworks, easily $300-400 spent - and that was just for us. Loved those stores, they would show a video of the firework you were buying exploding. Great marketing!