Who can tell me why...

M

makettle

native Mexicans were not allowed to enter Las Conchas to bring their kids Trick-or-Treating on Sunday? Granted, nice job with the pass-out of candy at the guard gates, but come on, the main road is a public road, the beaches are federally owned. Please explain how this is helping 'community relations'? AND...what if people living in a 'Mexican' neighboorhood in let's say...Phoenix or Tucson decided to close their neighborhood to gringos? Imagine how well that would go down.

Kenny

When the gates went up at the American community's, 'community relations' was not what they had in mind, and I'm not surprised one bit. If you don't think there isn't already a undercurrent of resentment among some in the general population of PP, then you need to get out more. There has always been the "ugly American" in PP, now we just have more of em.... Who knows, maybe they were just trying to protect the kids.:mrgreen:

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Oh, come on you guys, after all, Las Conchas is a Mexican corporation run by...oh yea, Americans. But Mexicans are let in Las Conchas all the time! Oh yea, to work...Las Conchas provides jobs for the Mexicans! Well, except the good paying ones like the contractor who is married to the former president. That's a nice chunk of change there! But maybe there just wasn't anyone else "qualified?" But, heck, there are still the cleaning jobs! And if the guards don't obey like workers should, they will be on the dole with all the others who dared defy...oh, and they might turn into American jobs:eek:strich: too! Sorry, thought I had some kinda good news there. Must have been a dream or something. Hmmm.:-?

First I would ask you to look at the list of home owners and you will see the growing population of Mexican surnames as home owners. Second What with the community being 5 miles long and many homes not occupied on Sunday night, the community was giving out treats and eliminating wandering around the community looking for homes with individuals in. Why is the negative always taken? Don't respond back please I don't want a cat fight over this.

Kenny

There are a lot of different ways to look at it, but I can't help but wonder why makettle had a problem with it when he along with his friend ? just posted that they were robbed while they were sleeping in their house at Las Conchas . Considering the tone of that post, I was surpised at this one. I would think they would have been happy not to have people roaming around there at night.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
fatboyharley Don't respond back please I don't want a cat fight over this.[/QUOTE said:
Cat fight? You don't think very highly of yourself apparently. News flash: Women can debate or disagree with each other without it being referred to as a "catfight." Kinda been going on a while now. There are also many Mexican surnames in the US who are US citizens, your point kinda fizzles. Even kids in the States go to the more affluent neighborhoods to get a better quality of candy. It was a stupid elitist decision by Las Conchas and everybody is entitled to their own opinion about it, whether you believe it to be negative or not. Don't be so naive that you can say something that in my opinion is ridiculous and tell me not to respond. It would have been a great opportunity for Las Conchas; they made the wrong decision in my opinion. Oh, and you can respond back as much as you want. I wouldn't dream of muzzling you!:eek:strich:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
.....There are also many Mexican surnames in the US who are US citizens.....
I guess someone forgot that most of the southwestern states used to belong to Mexico and that for centuries to come there will be many US citizens with mexican surnames and pretty soon there will be also europeans, south americans, asians, etc., am sorry they are already here!!
fatboyharley you should leave you prejudisim and racism out of your posts in a mexican oriented forum, specially if you enjoy Mexico!! :-o

M

makettle

Good point! Thank you for the input.

Cat fight? You don't think very highly of yourself apparently. News flash: Women can debate or disagree with each other without it being referred to as a "catfight." Kinda been going on a while now. There are also many Mexican surnames in the US who are US citizens, your point kinda fizzles. Even kids in the States go to the more affluent neighborhoods to get a better quality of candy. It was a stupid elitist decision by Las Conchas and everybody is entitled to their own opinion about it, whether you believe it to be negative or not. Don't be so naive that you can say something that in my opinion is ridiculous and tell me not to respond. It would have been a great opportunity for Las Conchas; they made the wrong decision in my opinion. Oh, and you can respond back as much as you want. I wouldn't dream of muzzling you!:eek:strich:

Kelney

native Mexicans were not allowed to enter Las Conchas to bring their kids Trick-or-Treating on Sunday? Granted, nice job with the pass-out of candy at the guard gates, but come on, the main road is a public road, the beaches are federally owned. Please explain how this is helping 'community relations'? AND...what if people living in a 'Mexican' neighboorhood in let's say...Phoenix or Tucson decided to close their neighborhood to gringos? Imagine how well that would go down.
I about fell off my bar stool. You mean the guards actually denied entrance to someone?!

rikyt

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times][FONT=Times New Roman, Times]
Mexican Friendly PLAYA ENCANTO
[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times]

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times]These are the Items addressed and implemented as of Monday:(09-14-2010)

[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times]Two new Guards from a private security company were hired on a temporary basis (unknown how long we will need them). These Guards will assist our guards. These new guards have a 12 hour shift. 9: am to 9: pm. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times] The first names are Homer and Gaspar. They have Night sticks, Flash Lights, Pepper Spray and Radio communication. We are working on making their radios work on our Frequency. All of the cost is by the hour and include SS, Tax, Hourly wage, and Radio/ security equipment. (baton-Pepper Spray-Lettered "Security" clothing. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times]The bottom road was closed by Trenching a ditch across the road in two places. One place at the Water pond east end of Encanto, Second at the West end of Encanto just before the entrance to La Jolla and Stera Maru road. The crossings are identified by 4' x 8' plywood signs "Road Closed Due To break Ins" (English and Spanish). 4" round orange electrical pipe on end and across the road to help visually. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times]The guards have been and are doing a "stop and look" as well as taking Names and license plate numbers of all vehicles entering Playa Encanto. This is applied to all regardless of who they are!!!! The gate is not raised until the requirement is meant, either in or out.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times]Name Identification Tags and Entrance permits will be available shortly. These will be given to Contractors entering Playa Encanto. Upon issuance, they will be required to enter and exit. They will still have to go through the "stop and look" procedure.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times]The upper road will be watched by Christian and the water truck will keep it watered to eliminate Dust.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times]Christian will install more speed bumps on the upper road to maintain slower vehicle speeds[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times]
This has to stop!!!. We will be vigilant in our efforts to stop these break-ins. Christian will receive new Portable spot beam lights, Flashlights, Pepper spray, security vests (Fluorescent) and Baton's. All Encanto visitor, whether home owner or not must do their part and help to Night watch (and Daytime too) our beach homes.

[/FONT]

Roberto

The only mention of Mexicans is in what I guess is your heading. What's your point? If it's private property, it's private property and they are entitled to restrict access, just as you are in your own home.

rikyt

The roads are not private property. The roads belong to the people of Mexico. The beach is federal property and access to the beach is Mexican Federal law.
Americans do not make laws in Mexico! Read the Mexican Federal laws and you will find you can not stop people from access to the beach or public roads!
Mexico belongs to the Mexicans not Americans. You only have a lease on the property!

Roberto

The roads are not private property. The roads belong to the people of Mexico. The beach is federal property and access to the beach is Mexican Federal law.
Americans do not make laws in Mexico! Read the Mexican Federal laws and you will find you can not stop people from access to the beach or public roads!
Mexico belongs to the Mexicans not Americans. You only have a lease on the property!
Just saying ya know but if you put a road on your property to go to your home do you think you should have to let anyone drive on it whenever they want just because it also goes to the beach? If it's a dedicated public road maintained by the govt. sure absolutely. If you keep people off that private road you are not preventing them from getting to the beach, they just have to go another way. It is the same in the US. Up there they prevent access by preventing parking anywhere near the beach.

Aren't those roads in Encanto on private property, not dedicated to or maintained by the govt?