Who is Jerry

Can somebody explain me who is this Jerry
It is my understanding that he leaves in Mexico. But why so negative
I love to vacation in Mexico.
I travel to Puerto Penasco or Obregon 10-15 times a year and I never have a problem.
I enjoy every moment spent in Mexico and I never feel threaten.
Yes it is a different culture but I enjoy it.
Jerry, you are always blasting Mexican corruption in Mexico, but so what, do you really think that we leave in a crime or corruption free in USA,
Once in a while tell us why are you still there if it is so bad?

JimMcG

I travel to Puerto Penasco or Obregon 10-15 times a year and I never have a problem.
Jerry, you are always blasting Mexican corruption in Mexico, but so what, do you really think that we leave in a crime or corruption free in USA,

Our forum pal Jerry is little bit of both Don Quixote and Paul Revere, constantly both hopelessly attacking and sending apocalyptic warning alerts from his keyboard launch pad. We love him all the same though.

sryoder

Cortez Cruiser
Whatever anyone thinks about Jerry's politics, etc. I can tell you he is a really nice guy. I rode with him from SE Arizona after he answered my request on this site for a ride from Tucson to RP. He actually picked me up in Bisbee, saving me the hassle of trying to get to Tucson without a vehicle. We explored some new territory for both of us, crossing the border at Naco instead of at the more usual spots. It was a long drive and we had lots of time to get acquainted. He came across as very thoughtful and well-informed. I think he does love Mexico but no one can accuse him of wearing rose-colored glasses. He's been coming down here a lot longer than I have so I can hardly compare my five-or-so almost-totally-hassle-free years years with his experience. We all pick our news/information sources and choose which ones we want to believe. Jerry's no different. Neither am I and neither, probably, are you.

jerry

Hard to be all sunny after having guns pointed at me twice in two years...hey what can I say, my glass is half damn empty.....plus that homeport idea sucks worse that Liberty Cove..

MIRAMAR

You know, I remember seeing great plans about Santo Tomas/ Las Dunas when we considered buying a lot there 18 years ago. It's still beautiful, and maybe all those houses will be built, and the club will be fully functioning. But people can dream, hope and build. I don't think the port is going to have huge cruise ships, but hopefully there will be big enough boats that we can all enjoy the Sea of Cortez and go to areas we probably could not have if it does not happen.

You know, I remember seeing great plans about Santo Tomas/ Las Dunas when we considered buying a lot there 18 years ago. It's still beautiful, and maybe all those houses will be built, and the club will be fully functioning. But people can dream, hope and build. I don't think the port is going to have huge cruise ships, but hopefully there will be big enough boats that we can all enjoy the Sea of Cortez and go to areas we probably could not have if it does not happen.
I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS FORUM FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS AND WAS NEVER INTERESTED IN JOINING IN UNTIL I READ WHAT MIRAMAR POSTED. SPOT ON. THANKS, MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY.
I THINK THAT'S WHY I NEVER GOT ON BOARD, FOR A NEWBIE IF I HAD POSTED SOMETHING LIKE THAT I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN DISREGARDED HOWEVER, COMING FROM A RESPECTED MEMBER IT GIVES IT WEIGHT. (I WRITE IN CAPS BECAUSE I HAVE 2 MESSED UP FINGERS ON MY LEFT HAND)

jerry

The new govenor is exposing and bringing prosecution s against ex govenor Padres and his crime family (PAN) they looted Sonora for 6 years,ruined the roads,took bribes,looted road maintance funds,looted hospital monies and have put Sonora in budget emergency...anyone that has not noticed this collapse into crony capitalism has not been paying attention. Dead in the water is pretty much where we are for a bit...maybe that is a good thing.Invest at your own risk until She shows these reforms are real.

jerry

Once in a while tell us why are you still there if it isnorth.jpg so bad?
. Pretty much the Birria and the tacos...

Attachments

JimMcG

The new govenor is exposing and bringing prosecution s against ex govenor Padres and his crime family (PAN) they looted Sonora for 6 years,ruined the roads,took bribes,looted road maintance funds,looted hospital monies and have put Sonora in budget emergency...anyone that has not noticed this collapse into crony capitalism has not been paying attention. Dead in the water is pretty much where we are for a bit...maybe that is a good thing.Invest at your own risk until She shows these reforms are real.

That has to be good news for a start. The new road from town to the Caborca highway is also very good news. Things can only get better with the change in leadership.

Last edited: